Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am currently using Kindle Fire first version.One time i got angry for some stupid reason and accidentally broke the input of the charger.After a while i handed it for repair.They said that it's too broken and now i should charge the device only when it's turned off.The problem comes when I plug the cable to upload books from my computer,the kindle turns off and dosen't make contact.So now i can't upload any books from my computer,I did try to upload books to the internet and then download them via wifi,but that didn't work.So I phoned the repair store and they said that I should use some app on my kindle to download the books.Any ideas?

·
5,973 Posts
Hi Hillsong,

I'm not quite sure what it is you're trying to do - you say you're uploading books from your computer to the internet and then downloading them to your Fire?

Presumably then these are not books you've purchased from Amazon as you wouldn't need them on your PC at all, you'd just download them straight from Amazon to your Fire.

So what sort of books are these? Where on the internet have you uploaded them to and how have you tried to download them to your Fire?  Can you give us a few more details and then someone may be able to help you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I apologize! These books are 99% pdf textbooks for my mom and are converted to epub/mobi to bulgarian uploading site.When they are converted I upload them to that site(or any other uploading site, from which i can download them later) and download them vie wi-fi to my kindle fire.I tried this method with pdf,epub and mobi formats,but it seems that the kindle doesn't recognize them.The books are converted with Calibre.To sum up everything: Kindle jack is broken,cannot connect it to my PC so I have to do it thru WI-FI.

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
Can you put Dropbox on your fire?   
If yes then upload to Dropbox on your computer and then you can access on your fire.
Or Google Drive? 
Either works for getting documents from one place to another.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll try with dropbox and google drive,but the uploading site that I used is very similar to them.When I download the file epub/mobi to my kindle fire it says that it can't read the file.However, I will install dropbox and let you know what happened.
BR,Ivaylo!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts