Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Accident in Texas UPS Semi LOADED was in an accident and is engulfed in flames.
So far no word if anyone was hurt (appears not).

Is YOUR Kindle on that truck?

Eric

·
Registered
788 Posts
Are you trying to give people heart attacks?

That's bad luck there though, I never thought about what happens if a UPS or USPS truck crashes...

·
Registered
493 Posts
well, since they ship from Kentucky(I think) and I live New England mine should be safe, but thanks for the nightmares that are sure to come ;)

·
Registered
788 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
*FTP's everybody else a life*
I have a life thank-you-very-much. It's just rather dull during the hours between 9 and 5.

G

·
Mikuto said:
I have a life thank-you-very-much. It's just rather dull during the hours between 9 and 5.
HA! Nice reply! ;D

Seriously, a UPS truck burns up (driver unhurt) and the first thought isn't "OMG, there were critical medical supplies on that truck!" or "Was it bringing a package home from Iraq?" but... "Was my Kindle on that truck?"

America.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
HA! Nice reply! ;D

Seriously, a UPS truck burns up (driver unhurt) and the first thought isn't "OMG, there were critical medical supplies on that truck!" or "Was it bringing a package home from Iraq?" but... "Was my Kindle on that truck?"

America.
Enough about that, now what about me? ;)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
Exactly!

You served, you must have some concept of where I'm coming from.
I do , but I have to admit that I'm guilty of this from time to time. On the good side I generally catch myself and feel the guilt.

·
Registered
224 Posts
full of Oberon Covers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
just found this site/searching for info.  ....that was my brother's truck that he drove yesterday and was waiting on
it today to switch loads and head out to Oklalhoma. I saw on Fox news, knew his route , time and highway and
wasn't sure if he had switched routes yet this week...talk about a heart attack. Live out of state /got him on first
call....he said "guess who's truck that was"???? anyway,  just a note from a relieved sister.......

·
Registered
493 Posts
I'm glad your brother was OK, you must have been relieved to reach him so quickly.  Hopefully there wont be anymore instances like that for your family.  Hearing something about your family for the first time from the news is never a good thing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks, just to be clear, he was waiting on that truck to get back,,,,,not the driver that had the accident, he had
just personalized the truck yesterday with his equipment and all, just feel blessed it wasn't him even though driver
is ok...I just had a strange feeling but when he answered still surprized about it all....thanks

1 - 20 of 31 Posts