Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up for anyone that is buying the book.  It was supposed to come out with Kindle 2 on the 24th, but this morning, there it was on my Kindle.

·
Registered
731 Posts
It was one of the books listed in the "Amazon Delivers" email for the Kindle sent out yesterday. I thought the email was a mistake; maybe they corrected it by just going ahead and releasing the book. I did get the "Thank you for your purchase" email at 3am (EST). I'm going to read it after the papers.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
It's cool that it's being delivered early.  I think the information changed on it, however.  Originally, it was listing as over 400 KB.  Now it is only a little over 100 KB.  I thought it was a novel, but it's only a novella.  Oh, well.  Should still be good.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mwvickers said:
It's cool that it's being delivered early. I think the information changed on it, however. Originally, it was listing as over 400 KB. Now it is only a little over 100 KB. I thought it was a novel, but it's only a novella. Oh, well. Should still be good.
Shade over 1700 locations for those of you that care.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
meljackson said:
I don't think he has written anything that isn't at least "unsettling" LOL.

Melissa
Yeah, you have to wonder about some of those elementary school papers...

B

·
0 Posts
Mrs. King,

We should meet to discuss Stevie's grades.  He shows poor performance, despite the fact that he is obviously quite intelligent.  He seems to have a tendency to let his imagination run away with him...

·
Registered
788 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
Mrs. King,

We should meet to discuss Stevie's grades. He shows poor performance, despite the fact that he is obviously quite intelligent. He seems to have a tendency to let his imagination run away with him...
That's brilliant!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
I have my moments....
More like hours or days, you are good.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I ripped through it pretty quick and I'll just repost what I put on Amazon here:

Stephen King has graced us kindle owners with a bit of surprise. Coming out a few weeks early, UR downloaded to my Kindle this morning and 90 minutes later I had devoured its 1737 locations.

UR settles into a space somewhere between a short story and a novella. The premise is simple but fascinating. After a mild mannered college professor orders a Kindle, he is met with a pink Kindle that downloads books not only from Amazon.com, but from Urs. Each of the more than 10 million Urs seem to represent a different reality where authors have written different books. Ever wanted to read the unpublished Hemingway book, or six Poe novels? King explores the possibilities and in the process makes every literary mind jealous.

Of course, being King, things start to go wrong and become disturbing when the professor finds out that the pink Kindle can also download newspapers from different Urs. I'll let you discover the rest on your own.

Ur moves quick and features some cameo appearances by past King characters that will leave the most cynical CR smiling. It falls short of five stars simply because it is measured against other great King novellas and novels, but UR is a great diversion for any King fan.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I got it early too, which was a nice, pleasant surprise.

It doesn't start off on the strongest foot (the writing seems really weak and clunky to me in the beginning), but it gets going after a while. So far so good.

BTW...

mwvickers said:
It's cool that it's being delivered early. I think the information changed on it, however. Originally, it was listing as over 400 KB. Now it is only a little over 100 KB. I thought it was a novel, but it's only a novella. Oh, well. Should still be good.
It was listed as a novella from the beginning - on King's site, at the K2 press conference, and elsewhere. That shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Thanks so much for the update!  My Whispernet connection is shakey at best.... so the only time I have it on is when I'm buying a book.  I got the email on UR this morning but couldn't figure out why I didn't get one for the cookbook I pre-ordered for free on the same day I pre-ordered UR.  I just turned Whispernet on and there was UR!!  I have to finish reading Outlander today for the book klub..... and I'm busy with In Her Name also.... but UR will be worked into my reading time soon!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Anyone know if Amazon WILL start making a pink Kindle?  I want one!

·
Registered
788 Posts
lexie22 said:
Anyone know if Amazon WILL start making a pink Kindle? I want one!
King himself has a pink Kindle. I believe it's a one-time-only custom job made specifically for him.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
lexie22 said:
Anyone know if Amazon WILL start making a pink Kindle? I want one!
That would be cool .... for the ladies I guess.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts