Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, please help!! I enrolled my book in Select, certain it had been taken down from all other retailers - but meanwhile amazon pricematched to free! How can I de-enroll it???

I can see an "unpublish" option when I go to See KDP Select details. Is that the one? It won't unpublish my book completely from KDP, will it???  :p

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I don't think you can. The agreement says 3 months when you enroll in Select.

You can look at this page: https://kdp.amazon.com/self-publishing/help?topicId=APILE934L348N#Select

ii. Price Matching Determinations : If you notify us through Contact Us (by selecting the topic Pricing & Royalties - Price Matching) that you believe we have made an error in price-matching your Digital Book, we will review the issue and make best efforts to correct the error, if any, going forward as soon as practicable.

5 Your Commitment. Your commitment to these terms and conditions is important, and the benefits we provide to you as part of this option are conditioned on your following through on your commitments. If you un-publish your Digital Book, we will remove it from the Kindle Owners' Lending Library, but you must continue to comply with these commitments, including exclusivity, through the remainder of the Digital Book's then-current 90-day period of participation in KDP Select. If you don't comply with these KDP Select terms and conditions, we will not owe you Royalties for that Digital Book earned through the Kindle Owners' Lending Library Program, and we may offset any of those Royalties that were previously paid against future Royalties, or require you to remit them to us. We may also withhold your Royalty payments on all your Digital Books for a period of up to 90 days while we investigate. This doesn't limit other remedies we have, such as prohibiting your future participation in KDP Select or KDP generally.

It looks pretty scary to me. You could take the book offline (unpublish) and in a few days maybe republish without enrolling it in Select, but Amazon might suspend you. I think you're stuck. Maybe someone more knowledgeable will be able to help. You could send an email to KDP. Just ask for clarification. (I hope you're getting lots of sales, with one book free.)

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Chrystalla said:
You have a trial period of a few days in which you can cancel if you don't do any free promos immediately. I had 2 more days to cancel, so I managed to do it. :)
WIsh I would have known this 90 days ago! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol Amazon put the book back to paid, because it had meanwhile come off all other distributers.  :D ::) :-[ :D

Back to square one: now I'm waiting for it to reappear on the other channels, so I can go through the process of pricematching once more.  :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts