Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ACX provides one set of promo codes for the US and one for the UK, with two different sites for redeeming them, respectively.

If someone lives in neither the US or the UK, which site would they need to use?

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I've been telling people: If you're in the UK, use the UK site, otherwise use the US site.

There's no good excuse for ACX having to have two separate systems.

·
Registered
931 Posts
TromboneAl said:
ACX provides one set of promo codes for the US and one for the UK, with two different sites for redeeming them, respectively.

If someone lives in neither the US or the UK, which site would they need to use?
It depends on whether they have an Audible US or Audible UK account. There don't seem to be any geographic restrictions on which you can have (for instance, you can seemingly live in Spain and have an Audible US account), but US and UK codes are only going to work for their respective Audible store. In short, the account you have - US or UK - dictates what code/site you use, not your location. And if you have an account for another country, for example Audible France, you're just out of luck. (On a side note, I believe Audible will try to automatically direct you to the store for your geographic region, but that's easy enough to deal with.)

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
KevinH said:
It depends on whether they have an Audible US or Audible UK account. There don't seem to be any geographic restrictions on which you can have (for instance, you can seemingly live in Spain and have an Audible US account), but US and UK codes are only going to work for their respective Audible store. In short, the account you have - US or UK - dictates what code/site you use, not your location. And if you have an account for another country, for example Audible France, you're just out of luck. (On a side note, I believe Audible will try to automatically direct you to the store for your geographic region, but that's easy enough to deal with.)
Good info, thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts