Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are three separate threads (probably four by now) over at Amazon saying that people have received emails that USA Today is debuting for the Kindle and the issue for tomorrow, 12/26, will be free. Apparently the email has a link which isn't working at the present moment. Anyone here get this message?

L

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
Leslie said:
There are three separate threads (probably four by now) over at Amazon saying that people have received emails that USA Today is debuting for the Kindle and the issue for tomorrow, 12/26, will be free. Apparently the email has a link which isn't working at the present moment. Anyone here get this message?

L
Here it is. I assume that the link will go active at midnight.

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

USA TODAY, the nation's top selling newspaper, will be available on Kindle starting December 26, 2008. From world news to the daily Sports report, USA TODAY provides 3.6 million readers with the information they need to manage and enjoy their busy lives.

As a gift to you, December 26th only, get the Kindle edition of USA Today wirelessly delivered to your device FOR FREE.

Link:

http://www.amazon.com/USA+Today/dp/B001KBZ3D2/ref=pe_33580_11007180_fe_img_1/

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I received it as well, here is the text of the email:

"Dear Amazon.com Customer,  

USA TODAY, the nation's top selling newspaper, will be available on Kindle starting December 26, 2008. From world news to the daily Sports report, USA TODAY provides 3.6 million readers with the information they need to manage and enjoy their busy lives.

As a gift to you, December 26th only, get the Kindle edition of USA Today wirelessly delivered to your device FOR FREE."

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does it say what the regular subscription price will be?

L

·
Registered
325 Posts
I got the e-mail today, too. Now all I have to do is try to remember to get the free issue tomorrow.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Oh great! My wife and I were just discussing a USA Today subscription this morning. I like USA Today, but my wife prefers more editorial (cerebral?) papers like Wall St. Journal or NYT.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Jeff said:
Perhaps I'm misreading the offer, but it appears to me that you can get a free subscription tomorrow, not just a single issue.
That would be great(!), but I highly doubt it. Remember these subscriptions are for an indefinite period of time. I doubt USA today wants to give it away forever :)

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
hmmmmm, I didn't receive that email. I would like to check it out though and see how it looks.

Theresam

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Yeah, my interpretation also was that it would be a free subscription (presumably for at least a year). I think that's why they're only offering it for one day, to get people on board - but one day's worth of subscribers won't break their piggy bank in the long term (it's actually not a bad way to get a user base to evaluate the sales model and so on)...

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I didn't get the email and I am on their mailing list.  I got other emails today from Amazon.  Wonder if everyone can't have the free subscription?

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
1 - 20 of 67 Posts