Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big ad in the print copy of the USA Today touting the accessability of the rag on a KINDLE - with a picture of the K2 as well.  WOW, People Mag, USA Today, publicity!

oops - modified to K2

·
Registered
149 Posts
They do have a stake in this as well...the more Kindles = better opportunity to sell their E-Newspaper. It is probably a collaborative advertisement effort.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Kindle is going to take over the World  8)

·
Registered
599 Posts
kevindorsey said:
Do you guys think Amazon pays them under the table for this kind of publicity?
If it's an ad, they paid them. There's nothing "under the table" about it. That's how newspapers make most of their money.

·
Super Moderator
67,316 Posts
My guess is it's a little bit of each. . . .there's potential to benefit both companies.

Ann

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am just glad the kindle is getting more publicity!

·
Registered
599 Posts
marianner said:
Depends if it was an ad for the Kindle or an ad for USA Today.
Ok, even if it was an in-house ad for USA Today, or a combination ad, there's nothing "under the table" about that, either. I guess I'm confused about the implication that there would be a secret payment involved in the selling of advertisements.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Britt *since 1869* said:
Ok, even if it was an in-house ad for USA Today, or a combination ad, there's nothing "under the table" about that, either. I guess I'm confused about the implication that there would be a secret payment involved in the selling of advertisements.
Oh, I do agree with you, Britt. Sorry I wasn't very clear about that. I was just saying, it may have been an ad for USA Today on Kindle, not an actual ad for Kindle.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
marianner said:
Oh, I do agree with you, Britt. Sorry I wasn't very clear about that. I was just saying, it may have been an ad for USA Today on Kindle, not an actual ad for Kindle.
No worries :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts