Kindle Forum banner

Who here is from the USA from UK or other?

• USA

Votes: 40 74.1%
  • UK

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Other

Votes: 4 7.4%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious as the to location of most members on the board. My gut tells that there are more Brits here than Americans( I wanted to say Yankees, but I don't like A-Rod)  ;D

Tell us where you live. Please vote above.

~KC

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
There are many thousands more from the U.S. than anywhere else.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
kchughez said:
I was curious as the to location of most members on the board. My gut tells that there are more Brits here than Americans( I wanted to say Yankees, but I don't like A-Rod) ;D
I doubt it. Kindle is still kind of getting started in the UK - they've had their own Kindle store for less than a year I think (or about one year). They're growing rapidly but they're still about a year or two behind where the US store is now so they haven't had as much time to establish themselves and as such, there will be less Kindle users from the UK. I only know one other person (IRL) that has a Kindle here in the UK and he admits he mainly only bought it for free 3G while travelling abroad! He hasn't even used it yet.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I live in West Virginia, close to Kentucky (and contrary to what a lot of people would ask me when I worked customer service, West Virginia is NOT a part of Virginia anymore)

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Curiously enough, the UK trails behind a number of non-English-speaking (as a first language) countries on the stat-tracking my blog software does for my eBookworm.us site, which is probably mostly fed by this site.

US 61.8%
Japan 6.97%
Germany 5.59%
Russian Federation 3.88%
Philippines 3.12%
Canada 2.72%
United Kingdom 2.61%
China 1.56%
Viet Nam 1.13%
Unknown 0.80%
Spain 0.76%
Ukraine 0.70%
India 0.55%
Poland 0.49%
Hong Kong 0.48%
France 0.46%
Netherlands 0.46%
Romania 0.43%
Australia 0.40%
Switzerland 0.36%

Of course, I suspect a fair chunk of the traffic from some of those countries are spam attempts from 'bots or sweat shops (I get a lot of registrations from Russia that never actually post, for example).

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Alle Meine Entchen said:
I live in West Virginia, close to Kentucky (and contrary to what a lot of people would ask me when I worked customer service, West Virginia is NOT a part of Virginia anymore)
I thought it was West Virgina.

:p

Actually, I'm from western Pennsylvania, and we used to be part of Virginia too.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Big Oops, I forgot to list mine. Phoenix, Arizona home of the hovering SUN.

~KC

correction: changed to hovering instead of hoovering. I suspect the sun has mega trillion watts of power but can not vacuum floors with it.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Yorkshire, UK here. I knew the percentage of Americans would be quite large  ;D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts