Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed this on the Oberon website. They explain how to use your Kindle2 with an Amazon cover (with hinge system) alon with an Oberon Lage Journal cover. Detailes (including pictures) are provided below.

http://www.oberondesign.com/store/kindleInfo3.php

Has anyone on forum used this method? Is the kindle held securely in the Oberon Cover using this method?

Any thoughts on pros or cons? These are what I have thought of:

Pros:
1. Use of Amazon hinge gives cleaner appearance (no straps which I would have went with since I am not a fan of mounting with velcro).
2. Many more designs to choose from.
3. Most designs for Large Journal are available in many more colors than Kindle2 versions.
4. Could be used as a Journal cover when not in use with Kindle2 (multi-purpose).

Cons:
1. Adds size (approx 1/2-inch in height).
2. Adds weight of Amazon cover to overall package.

I really am considering this so that I can get a World Tree cover in saddle but would like some opinions from experienced Kindle/Oberon users.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the links.  The picture there helps put it into perspective.  I wonder if you would be able to fold back the cover(s) while reading as someone else mentioned in that post.  That might be a deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
148 Posts
eneisch said:
Thanks for the links. The picture there helps put it into perspective. I wonder if you would be able to fold back the cover(s) while reading as someone else mentioned in that post. That might be a deal breaker for me.
Same here.. I keep my Amazon cover folded back when I read... I really like the Celtic Tree Journal Cover though ;)
Just not sure what color I should go with ???
Here's pics of her... any suggestions?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts