Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used Kindle, guaranteed by Amazon, going this morning on Amazon for $200. This is the lowest price I've seen so far:

Amazon link

·
Registered
227 Posts
I actually see the prices of used K1s holding fairly steady in the $200 to 250 range.  I bought two a couple of weeks ago in the middle of that price range.  Both are still under warranty and came with M-Edge executive leather cases included.  My sister has asked me to buy her a used K1 if the prices ever drop to around $150.  I must admit to being a little surprised that the prices haven't dropped a little more quickly though.  People may be deciding to keep their K1s as backups or for friends/relatives rather than sell them for less than $200.  Some may still be deciding between their K1s and K2 as well.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I've been watching Craigslist and saw one for $180, but it didn't say what kind of condition it was in.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
This is why I sold mine when I did. I new this would probably happen, I got 350.00 for mine with my Oberon cover (which I got free) so I actually came out a head! I am so glad. I LOVE my K2 (expect for the screen savers)!

·
Registered
493 Posts
With 90+ just on Amazon, the prices will drop before long. I'm waiting to pounce on a spare (ya never know what's gonna happen to your baby--flying vans...dingos..)

·
Registered
740 Posts
Wow, that is a pretty big drop.  It's great for people that don't want to pay $359 for the new one yet still want to own a kindle.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Encender Vaquero said:
With 90+ just on Amazon, the prices will drop before long. I'm waiting to pounce on a spare (ya never know what's gonna happen to your baby--flying vans...dingos..)
Are you back in the saddle agin? Bicycles saddle that is? What are you doing to protect your adopted KK?

·
Registered
493 Posts
davem2bits said:
Are you back in the saddle agin? Bicycles saddle that is? What are you doing to protect your adopted KK?
Yupper, Oberon cover inside a manila bubblewrap mailing envelop for everyday dings. A Light Anti-tank Weapon for anything heavier.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
I am not surprised. I am more surprised that the prices have not come down further. I give it another two weeks before they drop into the $150 range. That should be when the people who bought K2's but held onto their K1's as a safety net decide to sell their K1's or return their K2's.

I wonder when the refurbished K2's are going to start hitting Amazon.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I wonder how soon Amazon will be selling refurbished K2s? 

With the number of posts on the other board from people who 'hate' their K2, or feel betrayed that text to speech may not be available, I would expect that some will be returned to Amazon within the 30 day window.  Do you think that will put more pressure on the used K1 prices?

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
lynninva said:
I wonder how soon Amazon will be selling refurbished K2s?

With the number of posts on the other board from people who 'hate' their K2, or feel betrayed that text to speech may not be available, I would expect that some will be returned to Amazon within the 30 day window. Do you think that will put more pressure on the used K1 prices?
Amazon didn't start selling refurbuished K1s until they had run out them shortly after the Oprah airing. I don't think we'll be seeing refurb K2's for sale on Amazon any time soon. They'll use whatever they get returned to replace defective units.

·
Registered
201 Posts
K2 refurb? interesting possible choice. I don't have a kindle yet and keep teetering on the fence about which one. I want K1's to be affordable enough my Mom and DH buys them and we can have them on same account. I was going to buy one today that was BIN,  I just checked on an author she listed and when I came back to the listing someone bought it!!  You snooze, you lose. I am picky on e-bay, no stock photos, etc. I prefer a person selling one rather than a business with multiples.  I think I will wait a week or two unless something awesome pops up.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts