Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please don't laugh.

Despite prolonged efforts I have found no comments about the fact that the User's Guide for Kindle 2 has no page numbers in the table of contents.  The pages of the guide are numbered, but the table of contents doesn't provide page numbers for the topics.  Today I only had to go through 20 or so pages to find the information I needed, but yesterday I was in the 70s before I found object of my search.

I know I could print out the table of contents and write in the page numbers, but is that the only option I have?  Am I missing something really obvious?  If so, I'll apologize to everyone for being an idiot.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
You are right. The Kindle has no page numbers. The User's Guide has page numbers for the printed version that still show up, but they don't mean anything when you read the Guide on the Kindle itself.

You might want to read the Guide with Adobe Acrobat or some such, where the page numbers are meaningful.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
67,246 Posts
Also. . . .I recall the Kindle 1 user guide havig hot linked table of contents.  So that would probably be the best way to navigate.

Ann

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Are you reading the User's Guide on the Kindle? I'm looking at mine (K2) and I don't have any page numbers. Everything on my Table of Contents is hot linked so I can go right to that section on my Kindle. There are section numbers, but I'm not seeing any page numberss in the guide itself.

You can also type in a phrase in the search box and the Kindle will search that document for it. Such as:

6.1 Using Basic Web

Hope that helps

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was referring to the PDF version in which pages are numbered but the table of contents does not indicate the pages on which each section can be found.

I hadn't realized that the version on the Kindle has hot links -- so, as I suspected, I was overlooking the obvious.  (Blush, blush.)  Thanks very much for your help.   

1 - 6 of 6 Posts