Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use this free online clock thingie to set a timer on my computer, then I sit down and do nothing but write for a specified amount of time - ignoring the cries of my hungry children (who are teenagers and can walk to the refrigerator, last I checked) - and then I get up and take a break. I find it helps my productivity.

The link is here.

http://kukuklok.com/

What kind of productivity tools or tricks do you guys use?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Ditto! Except I use focus booster. Except I don't, really, anymore. I just open it up, and then get going and forget to actually start it. I find just having a limited amount of time to write is the best motivation?

Hmmm.

Has anyone figured out a way to be productive AND relaxed?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I think being relaxed and productive comes naturally too me.

The problem I often have is finding quiet time with no interruptions from my children during a time when I feel like writing.

These days I go in my room write and keep an ear available for any squabbling that needs intervention.  My youngest is 10 and a half.

I find I end up setting my cell phone alarm.  Not to give me a break but so I don't forget to tell my children to go to bed.  They never seem to do it on their own. ::)

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Millard said:
I use a hybrid of obsessive insanity and sheer desperation.

I don't have a download link for that.
Well, that's not helpful. No download? I was about to go search for the app for that. Come on, there MUST be an app for that!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RobertMarda said:
I think being relaxed and productive comes naturally too me.

The problem I often have is finding quiet time with no interruptions from my children during a time when I feel like writing.

These days I go in my room write and keep an ear available for any squabbling that needs intervention. My youngest is 10 and a half.

I find I end up setting my cell phone alarm. Not to give me a break but so I don't forget to tell my children to go to bed. They never seem to do it on their own. ::)
I try to write when the children are at school or before they wake up. Now it's summer so it's more challenging to find that quiet uninterrupted time. Oh, for a mansion with an office on one end and the living quarters on the other end. Or even just a mansion, period.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts