Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on KindleKorner earlier tonight, but I get the digest version, so won't be getting my email until tomorrow. Plus, others may be interested in this. Anyway, I just got my Amazon credit card. I got the card so that I could get the bonus points/coupon to use for Kindle books, paper books & other things. The instructions from the credit card info. said that after picking an address, on the order page at Amazon, you click on the radio button. Does anyone here have the card & knows for sure what to do??? I use 1 click & Amazon Prime - 2 day free ship. Where/how would I see the radio button to click on??? Thanks! I'm just trying not to have to contact Amazon, unless I have to.  :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Amazon stores your payment options and when you make a purchase and checkout, you can choose which saved credit card option you want to use.  It defaults to the Amazon Visa as the first option and then there are options (radio buttons) for other cards you've stored or you can use add a new one.  If you want to use it for your one-click purchases for Kindle, you can set that up under your Kindle management section under your Amazon account.

I use it for larger and online purchases and every so often, those $25 certificates just show up!  It's pretty awesome when that happens.  ;D

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you raccemup for answering my question!  ;D I had been wondering if the radio button said Amazon Visa on it. LOL! I never heard that term used before. I do understand what you mean. Amazon has the Amazon credit card defaulted to be used 1st on my account & that is what I want. I would assume that all kindle books would also use the Amazon CC as well. I have the 1 click for for Kindle books as well as anything else I buy, because I have the Amazon Prime - 2 day, free ship.

·
Registered
142 Posts
raccemup said:
I use it for larger and online purchases and every so often, those $25 certificates just show up! It's pretty awesome when that happens. ;D
Is that not the greatest thing? Same happens for me. All of a sudden, I'll get home from work and there's an envelope in the mailbox with the return address Reward Headquarters.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
cleee said:
Is that not the greatest thing? Same happens for me. All of a sudden, I'll get home from work and there's an envelope in the mailbox with the return address Reward Headquarters.
Yes, but watch carefully for them. They have sort of a junk mail quality to them -- my husband has tried to toss them a few times but has never been successful.

L

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Toby said:
Thank you raccemup for answering my question! ;D I had been wondering if the radio button said Amazon Visa on it. LOL! I never heard that term used before.
Radio button is means when you make a choice from the options given, you can only make one choice. If you make a different choice, it switches from the first choice, like when you push in a radio button, it switches from the station it's on to the new station. As opposed to check boxes, where you can choose multiple items, or a drop down menu, like most software has at the top of each page.

A credit card selection is a perfect use of a radio button, as clearly you only want one credit card tied to one-click at a time.

Betsy

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I had never heard of a radio button before - the things you learn on kindleboards tends to enhance our lives!

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
So you push the radio button and it scans until it finds a choice that comes in without static?  Sadly I'm old enough to get the reference, but youngins these days don't understand the radio button analogy.  I actually didn't know that was why they were even called that, I never made the connection.  Since I programmed a bit I just knew that's what they were called so that's what they were called with no questions asked.  Maybe they should call them Blender Buttons now?

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I have never heard of a radio button

·
Registered
126 Posts
Anju No. 469 said:
I had never heard of a radio button before - the things you learn on kindleboards tends to enhance our lives!
I must agree. You learn a lot from people here in the threads.

But what exactly is it for ? what does it do? what for?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts