Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't used CreateSpace for my book yet, mainly because the cost of shipping hard copies to Australia from Amazon would be extortionate. But I've been wondering - if I did create a POD book on CreateSpace, would people be able to order the books through somewhere like The Book Depository where shipping is free? With Kindles and other e-readers not being very popular in Australia yet, I'm pretty sure having a 'real' book available would help sales. Do other distributors sell books from Amazon?

*Hopes someone will say yes*

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Createspace has their ProPlan which gets it into other book stores, but costs you $39 initially and $5 every year after that to keep it in the catalog. Also, the royalty is a lot smaller for those other book stores - but greater thru Amazon and the Createspace store.

It's definitely worth the $39, if you ask me.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Kate, it is just a matter of time until the Kindle spreads all over the world.  It is such a wonderful device that people will want it for reading. 

It should be really wonderful in the Outback where it isn't easy to go to town everyday.  If they had Kindle with 3G, they could download novels easily and never have to go to a library in town.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts