Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I am already a member of Kindleboards and use a pen name for a genre in which I'm unaccustomed to writing, would I need to apply for an additional membership for the pen name since I would like to draw attention to items written under that name?  Does the pen name cause complications with Amazon regarding payments?

·
Registered
399 Posts
You could just put cover-links in your signature for the other books. I've seen some who do that (and I do that, too -- see my signature below). If you want total separation, then you would need to create a different Kindle board account.

I have a total of 3 KDP accounts (I guess that makes 3 Amazon accounts too?). I wanted total separation from my different genres, one pen name is very experimental and the other is erotica. I have two pen names (Tom Gallier for tranditional fantasy and TW Gallier for Urban Fantasy) under one account. You can have more than one pen name in an Kindle Account.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Your Amazson KDP account treats you as a publisher...not an author.

What I mean by this is..its designed so that one publisher can sell books on Amazon, from many different authors.

When you upload your books, be sure to click the contributors tab and then choose author. You can put whatever name you like in the author field.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts