Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two good ways to track prices:
http://www.pricedrop.stuffstuff.org/ (I like this one, but it doesn't track all books).

www.shoppingnotes.com (I use this one when the other one doesn't work.)

Betsy

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Note that the Shining has dropped from $19.25 to $7.19. (Price Drop notified me ;) )

Perhaps the others will follow!

Betsy

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's an add-on to my Firefox browser.  The tracking may be computer dependent...the Shining doesn't seem to be on the list I just checked on my netbook, I was notified on my PC's browser.  A little box pops up from the bottom right on Firefox (using version 3.0.9 on my netbook, 3.0.10 on the PC.)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
It's an add-on to my Firefox browser. The tracking may be computer dependent...the Shining doesn't seem to be on the list I just checked on my netbook, I was notified on my PC's browser. A little box pops up from the bottom right on Firefox (using version 3.0.9 on my netbook, 3.0.10 on the PC.)
Thanks Betsy, maybe I need to update. I'm not getting any popup in Firefox. Do my popups need to be turned on? That would be a bummer since I keep them turned off.

Edited to say that there are no updates available and my popups are on but it's not working. Perhaps I need to update my Firefox. I'll try that next.

EllenR

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not a popup in the sense of popups from web pages, it's an add on to Firefox that pops up out of the browser.

Do this (if you haven't already):

On the Firefox topline menu, click on Tools--you should see PriceDrop as one of the options on the drop down menu.  If you let your cursor hover, the right menu should show "Tracked Products."  Slide over to that (if you see it) and it'll open a web page with a list of your tracked books.

And it is computer dependent; the list of books being tracked on my desktop is different from the netbook list.  That gives an advantage to Shopping Notes, which keeps track online and sends you an email.  I do like PriceDrop still though.

Let me know if this helps!  I think I'm going to split this off from the Stand discussion. ;D

Betsy

·
Registered
545 Posts
I updated Firefox and how I have a choice in my Tools  menu for PriceDrop. However, it still shows The Stand at $40. Odd. Well just goes to show, my best source if information is still Kindleboards!

I wonder if Price Drop only checks periodically rather than real time?

EllenR

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
According to the FAQ, it checks every 18 hours.  Probably usually enough!  At least you got it to work, and you're right, KindleBoards is the best source.

Betsy

·
Registered
545 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
According to the FAQ, it checks every 18 hours. Probably usually enough! At least you got it to work, and you're right, KindleBoards is the best source.

Betsy
Ahhh, well now that makes sense. Thanks :)

EllenR

·
Registered
306 Posts
You can also track prices from Jungle-search.com. I use this site for doing advanced Kindle searches, but until today I didn't realize you could track prices too.
1. Go to http://www.jungle-search.com/US/pricewatch.php
2. Type in the URL of the page you want to track the price of, specify how long you want to track the page, and give them your email address (so they can notify you of changes).

-----------------------------------------------
Sam Landstrom
Author of acclaimed "MetaGame", sci-fi novel for 80 cents

1 - 12 of 12 Posts