Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided I really wanted a smoother front cover to my pink Amazon PW cover - so I could hold it more comfortably with the front
folded back.

Since the PW fits so snug in the case - I really didn't need to put the Decal Girl skin on its back.. so I was able to use the back
skin on the Amazon inside cover.

Just love it! ;D And the skin is small enough to not cover the magnet.

The pattern is "Flashback"

·
5,881 Posts
That's a good idea - as you say the back is wasted otherwise.

The only problem is you're going to be handling it all the time - if it started to turn up at the edges and not stick down properly it would drive me nuts - but it does look good while it's brand new.  :D

·
Registered
733 Posts
I did this to the front outside cover of my KT and Basic Amazon because everyone complained about it marking and scratching easily. After more than a year, it was still totally intact. The only problem was, a person I sold one of the covers to, stated it was difficult to remove, and ruined the cover so apparently it can only be removed if you have another to replace it. I still think it was a good use of the back decal as the newer cases are molded and tightly fit so a back decal isn't needed and doesn't really show.

I now use clear gel back cases, so decal does show thru, as I prefer to not deal with a cover with the new paperwhite. I use the Leather Nook envelope sleeves from the original Nook should I wish to take it away with me.

·
Registered
67 Posts
That's how I had my Amazon cover set up - I thought it was great. I had wanted to do the same with the Oberon cover but they put a pocket on the inside even though I asked them not to, so it stays on the Amazon cover for when I swop it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts