Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I was just wondering if anyone has ever thought of using (or known anyone who uses) their website name in place of their author name - and if that is even possible.
For example, it might be called A Guide To Blah Blah by BlahBlah.com
The reason I ask is that my book is basically a spin-off from the site, so it sort of makes sense to do it like that.
I have put stuff out under my real name in the past, so I have no issues doing that.

Also... and more importantly... Id rather not have my old books showing on my author page for this particular book, because they are a completely different subject (and I mean, totally different!).

Is there a way to have a second, totally separate, author page if you've already published under your real name?

Registered
Cunir said:
Is there a way to have a second, totally separate, author page if you've already published under your real name?
You can have 3 pen names @ Author Central. If that's not enough, contact them and they'll give you another 3 attached to a 2nd email address; you would need a 2nd email address to do it, but it works fine. Currently, I have 6 pen names up there.

Registered
Cunir said:
Hello. I was just wondering if anyone has ever thought of using (or known anyone who uses) their website name in place of their author name - and if that is even possible.
For example, it might be called A Guide To Blah Blah by BlahBlah.com
The reason I ask is that my book is basically a spin-off from the site, so it sort of makes sense to do it like that.
You could try, I suppose (I've seen quite a few books of this kind of Amazon) but IMO, it does tend to detract from the book's appeal. A "proper" human name tends to sound more trustworthy as far as quality and expertise are concerned. A website name creates the impression that it was written by a bunch of anonymous content mill churners.

Registered
I've seen stuff like this, and similar "author" names. As far as I can tell, it's not something potential buyers like. But, you can try it. I'm not sure Amazon would allow it, as it is potentially misleading, and Amazon does not like things like that.

Also, you don't have to contact Amazon to get another Author Central account. You simply log out of the current one and sign in with a new email. Simple. Three pens on that account. Your various pen names don't show up on the same author page, so there's no worry about that.

Registered
In the top 100 paperback books on Amazon at the moment there are around 6 books that list some form of Publisher or Company name as the author. These are almost always non-fiction books. So it depends on your own project and what's the best route for you if you're going to do follow ups. But it certainly can be done and some people will be willing to buy.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
cool, i think I'll do that then. i've just been looking through amazon at other topic areas and it seems that travel books do it quite a lot. Lonely Planet and Rough Guides, for example, have both put their company name down as the author

1 - 6 of 6 Posts