Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi awesome writers!

I was wondering if anyone around here had tried selling signed copies to their email list and how that went. I know that most readers on most authors' email lists come from the digital, ebook world. But still, a portion of the readers there are true fans and (I assume) would love a signed copy.

Thanks in advance! for sharing your experience

·
Registered
319 Posts
I tried this a couple months ago -- sent a couple emails to my list saying it would be a great idea for Christmas gifts, and even gave suggestions of which of my books would be good for which people in their lives. I also offered some sort of "bundle package" to make it more appealing to buy multiple books.

My mailing list was about 1400 and I keep them pretty regularly engaged, but only one person even responded to these emails. She wanted to boy a couple signed books, but I live in the US and she lived in Australia and we both decided that the shipping costs weren't worth it.

So that was it.

I still think it's a good idea, though, at least in theory. You should try it.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I've tried this once, both trying to sell through newsletter and social media, and I also sold only one. She was in the US though, so I was able to make the sale, and was very excited about it. I just think I don't have a big enough fan base that likes physical books. BUT, I think it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Yep!  I don't sell a lot, but they tend to go to my most enthusiastic fans.  Every so often, I remind my newsletter readers that the signed books are there, and it often (not always) reminds somebody that they wanted to get one of my signed books.  I'm always delighted to get a sale for signed paperback books.  :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts