Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a call a couple weeks ago from a childhood friend of mine, we met in Girl Scouts as Daisies, and she told me that she had just been diagnosed with a blood disease that was going to kill her. I know it had something to do with producing too much blood, but I was so upset I can't remember the name of the disease. She said most people live 5-15 years with it, but that it most likely started back when she was 22. At that time in her life she was also having a hard time of it, she had to have a brain tumor removed. The trauma may have triggered the onset of the problem. She is 28 now, leaving her 11 years at the outside.
I have been crying at the drop of a hat since I heard the news. I didn't even realize just how depressed I have been until last night. I got another call from her...she had been misdiagnosed. I couldn't believe how relieved I felt. It was like the clouds had parted and I could finally see the sun again.
This girl is one of thoes amazing peole who make the whole world a better place just by existing. She is beautiful and happy and makes everyone around her happy. She is smart, and wonderful, and loves to help. I am blessed with two friends like this, and the thought of losing one broke my heart. Today I am smiling, yet haunted. I will never take her or any of my dear friends for granted again.
So if you have a friend that you have been thinking about but have been too busy to call, just make time. call them. Let them know you love and appreciate them. I am calling all of my friends tonight. Just say hi and see how they are doing. I haven't spoken to many of them for a few months...you know how it is, life just gets in the way sometimes. Tonight, I will fix that, and make time to tell the people I love that I am thinking about them.

·
Registered
9,172 Posts
A wonderful outcome and so appropriate for the season - joy and life!  Thanks for sharing your happiness.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
So delighted to hear such good news.  Yes, the message is, make sure all your special and not so special friends know what they mean to you, call them, write them, love them.

Thank you for including us in your group of friends  :-*

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for your kind comments...and yes, I do count the wonderful people on these boards among my friends.  :D

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
A wonderful story. It is important to keep in touch with friends as well as family. I'm so glad it turned out so well for her.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts