Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
A few things about Radish.

1. You have to apply to be on their platform and they are selective.
2. You get paid by the number of paying coins people use on your books. Each chapter is usually 3 coins, and each coin is about 2.5 cents.
3. Your profile can have a link to your website and social media, and you can communicate with author notes.
4. This isn't like Wattpad at all because Wattpad has almost no opportunity for monetization.

Finally, there are many apps like this, mostly based out of China. I say that because you would be subject to Chinese laws. Radish is in the US.

·
Registered
149 Posts
While US based, Radish and Tapas were recently bought out by Kakao, a South Korean entertainment firm.

Yes, I'm aware that Kakao acquired Radish. My contracts are still based out of the US and not South Korea. I doubt that will change.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Radish is where you should go to if you write romance or if you want to target younger audience... or if you want to monetize your existing work since they are not that hung up 'exclusive' content the way they are with Vella... but if you are just looking for exposure, then you can consider wattpad but i feel it is not even good for that now since it is so crowded over there that it has almost become the wild west of self publishing! and for what it's worth, i think that you can now make money even on wattpad!

But if you are looking for another less known alternative, then you can look up galatea from inkitt... so there are options galore... just need to find the one that works for you!
Making money on Wattpad is next to impossible. Getting into the Paid program is difficult and from what I've heard, not very profitable except for a select few.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts