Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone get a software update yet? I read on the Amazon site that 2.0.2 was sent to a few K2's

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nobody seems to know what it addresses...I guess time will play it out for us

·
Registered
138 Posts
John Steinbeck said:
Anyone get a software update yet? I read on the Amazon site that 2.0.2 was sent to a few K2's
I have it....I was surprised this morning when I saw version number 2.0.2 because I hadn't received the earlier update. OTH, I guess I shouldn't be so surprised. This update probably included the fixes from 'both updates'.

I have no idea what is in the update though and I haven't noticed any problems anyway.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Might be there is more that needs fixin' on the K2.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Anyone found what the update actually does?

·
Registered
392 Posts
I got impatient and turned off my screensaver hack, d/l'd the file and manually updated - then re-installed the screenhack.

everything is working fine, not sure what the update did, but I'm now at 2.0.2

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
So it might be true that this update will mess things up if screensaver hack is installed.

I guess I'll do manually then.  ;)  I suppose with every update we need to re-install the screensaver hack.

·
Super Moderator
67,323 Posts
Unfounded, yes, but also probably fairly safe.  My expectation is that they'll continue to support the KK fully until the last one sold is out of warranty, or they don't have any left to replace failed devices, whichever comes first.  I don't expect any software updates for that reason. . . .but who knows?

Ann

·
Registered
9 Posts
mwvickers said:
I guess they don't plan on giving KK owners updates anymore. :'(
Well, from the very fact that Amazon is completely silent about what these updates actually DO, I suspect they are bug fixes for problems found (many owners have complained that the Kindles spontaneously restart, freeze etc.). I am sure these kinds of updates were quite common in the early days of KK, but no longer needed! You should feel lucky to be on a stable platform!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I also restored the default screensavers, manually updated to 2.02, and reapplied the screensaver hack - no problems whatsoever. Someone reported on the Mobileread forum that page turns appear to be faster, and it does seem that way. :)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Christina said:
I also restored the default screensavers, manually updated to 2.02, and reapplied the screensaver hack - no problems whatsoever. Someone reported on the Mobileread forum that page turns appear to be faster, and it does seem that way. :)
I agree. Page turns seems faster.

·
Registered
904 Posts
OK, stupid question.  I just moved the update file to the root of my Kindle.  What do I do now to update.  I tried a hard reset but nothing happened?
jp

1 - 20 of 74 Posts