Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 305 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Melissa, (the designer) of Borsa Bella has modifed the size a bit making them about an inch wider! To assure a better fit. She has contacted all the orders that came in so far. she has now created a section just for the Kindle Cases! Link is below!

It is still hard to say if it will fit with a cover. She is excited to work with us when the covers are actually out to make some that will, if these do not. What a fantastic find she is!

I have been surfing the net all day and finally found a case on etsy, I love! I think will fit my K2 and maybe a cover
it is 9.5 x 6 now 10x7 and comes in so many cute patterns I really had a hard time choosing. Oh and it is 25.00 and 2.25 for shipping!
This is the one I ordered... it said last one but she has a lot of other very cool choices.

Here is a link to her Kindle Covers...
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5172147&section_id=5946184

I also found this seller who does custom sleeves. I am sure she could make one for the Kindle. However she is in Melborne! Still, pretty unique and the turn around is not too bad.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21164889

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
You go girl!!  I love Etsy and I love this case!  I just bought one and I'll use it for the Kindle and then I'll be able to use it for other things too.  Really cool.  Thanks so much for posting this!!!  ;D

·
Registered
130 Posts
Seriously cute!  Might be just the ticket for a temporary cover...

I've emailed the seller to learn her return policies in case the K2 won't fit.  Will let you know what she says.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lindnet said:
Oh that's just great. Another thing to order. Geez. You guys are killing me.

So 9.5 x 6.....are we sure the 6 will fit the covers?
Well the site says the kindle is 8" x 5.3" x 0.36"... so it will fit the Kindle on it's own for sure. I suppose it will depend on the cover you order(ed), I am only guessing but the cases I have seen do not seem to extend much past the edge of the kindle. At least the ones with no closures... the M-edge or Oberon, may not fit?

Actually, I just measure the with of another bag I have that did fit both and it was about an inch wider... so it might not fit a cover too but I want something for now till I can get a cover. Maybe she can make her gadget bags to fit both, if she sees a market for them.

·
Registered
376 Posts
You also have to consider that the thickness of the Kindle might take away some of the depth.  Love the custom laptop sleeve made to fit the Kindle concept!

I just checked for a point of reference ..the Lightwedge original case says 9-1/2 by 6-3/4 by 1/2 inches and its a perfect fit for the covered Kindle 1 (but too tight for the M-Edge cover with light)

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Boston said:
You also have to consider that the thickness of the Kindle might take away some of the depth. Love the custom laptop sleeve made to fit the Kindle concept!
true, true but I can not see the kindle on it's own not fitting, esp since it is soooooo thin! If it does not work with what ever cover I end up getting, I know I will find other uses for it!

·
Registered
376 Posts
I love it as a wristlet.  I use a small wristlet..it holds a small flat wallet and a few other things. I use to easily move things from one handbag to another or when I decide I don't want to carry a handbag, I can just pull it out without worrying about not having my essentials.

·
Registered
163 Posts
They look so sleek and pretty and they are hand-crafted too, which I like to support. However, a width of 6" might be a bit tight.  My K1 oberon cover claims to be 6.5" wide and the K2 is the same width as the K1.  Then I should think it would need a little extra breathing room.  It would certainly work for the naked Kindle or maybe there is really some extra room and the dimensions are just approximate.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
The Vera Bradley Purse cosmetic is 8¾" x 6" x 2¼" and it fit my Kindle1 in a case (Oberon and Medge) just fine...So I bet this will work.
I love them my question is would the Kindle in a cover fit in it? If your K1 fits in the Vera Bardley Purse cosmetic bag. The K2 might fit inside this with a cover. Did you order one?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I expect it will fit just fine.  I'm planning to use it for holding just the Kindle by itself, no cover or anything.  I'll have it by the time I get my Kindle and it will be a temporary case until my other covers come.  Then I can either still use it on occasion or use it for other things.  Great makeup bag!  I'm excited about these - functional and cute!

I have no idea how to link to the one I got or I would show to you guys.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
kari said:
I expect it will fit just fine. I'm planning to use it for holding just the Kindle by itself, no cover or anything. I'll have it by the time I get my Kindle and it will be a temporary case until my other covers come. Then I can either still use it on occasion or use it for other things. Great makeup bag! I'm excited about these - functional and cute!

I have no idea how to link to the one I got or I would show to you guys.
I just bought one. How can I post the picture here. Thank you for posting this.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Anne said:
I just bought one. How can I post the picture here. Thank you for posting this.
To post a pic, right-click (or comand click if on a mac) on the image and choose open in new window. Copy the url. Then you can modify your post and add the pic by choosing the little picture tab (3rd little icon over above the smiles...) and then paste the url between the brackets.

Oh, I sent an email to the seller to explain all these sudden orders she just got! :D

1 - 20 of 305 Posts