Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick heads up...  The most popular critical review (in this case, a one-star review) of the K2 is currently highlighted at the top of the K2 review section on Amazon.  It's by "Gadget Queen" and titled "BEWARE of the SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCES between Kindle 1 and Kindle 2".  The review is really gaining traction and already has 1,318 (!) of 1,399 helpful votes.

My own opinion is that Gadget Queen has some very specialized needs and requirements regarding her Kindle, so that, while she isn't exactly wrong in her (I have to say) articulate arguments against the K2, most of the things she is complaining about won't affect most Kindle owners.  I did, however, make one or two corrections to her review in the review's comments section.  For example, she said it's no longer possible to jump from a page in chapter 2 to a page in chapter 15 in a Kindle book and that she had to hit the "next page" button hundreds of times to jump ahead!  That's just not true.

Anyway, people are entitled to their opinion, but I was saddened to see all the "Whew, thanks for warning us" comments (over a hundred of them!) after her review, with so many people saying that they were about to buy a Kindle but will now hold off.  I just hate to see all those people missing out on the fun and rewards of a Kindle because of one review.  If you agree with me, many of you might want to join me in leaving a positive comment after Gadget Queen's review.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I have a K1 and am very happy with with my decision.  I decided not to purchase a K2 because the improvements were lateral, not upward.  Now the fading issue is 'coming to light' and I am doubly glad I made my decision to stay with K1.  Better people thing about why they are choosing to or choosing not to purchase a K2 than be dissatisfied. I feel certain that when the K3 comes along I will most certainly purchase one.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Tippy said:
I have a K1 and am very happy with with my decision. I decided not to purchase a K2 because the improvements were lateral, not upward. Now the fading issue is 'coming to light' and I am doubly glad I made my decision to stay with K1. Better people thing about why they are choosing to or choosing not to purchase a K2 than be dissatisfied. I feel certain that when the K3 comes along I will most certainly purchase one.
I did the same thing. :)

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Somebody is ALWAYS going to have an issue with an electronic device......or any item really for that matter. As long as YOU like your gadget/item etc then that's all that matters! and I LOVE my Kindle!

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
I am new to Kindle. Currently I read Kindle books on Thor, my iPod Touch. I'm saving up to buy a Kindle. I was going to get Kindle 2, but now I'm wondering if I should rethink that. Can anyone tell me the differences between the Kindle 1 and the Kindle 2?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts