Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just wanted to share with everyone that my son (1st grade) is the Star Student at his school. He's been struggling with reading, however his grades have been straight As'. He was recognized for all his hard work. He got to put a presentation together about himself, and wrote a poem. His school posted it, and I'm so proud of him. If you like to see it, click on the link below:
http://livelesson.connectionsacademy.com/p51396096/

Thanks,
Brittay :)

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Congratulations to Elijah (and to his Mommy)!  Great job! 

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chynared21 said:
Awww, how cute!!! Brave kid to lay on a bed of nails :p WTG Elijah!!!
Yes, at the Science Museum near our home they had the bed of nails. He has to lay flat on plexi glass and the nails slowly raise up. Its cool, I was afraid for him to do it. He was determined to try it though ;)

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Good for him. I am so happy to hear this. I'm traveling and can't seem to load the page, but will try again tomorrow when I get home. Give him a big hug and kiss.

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Neversleepsawink;) (#1071) said:
Yes, at the Science Museum near our home they had the bed of nails.
Not sure where in CA you are... that wouldn't be the Exploratorium, would it?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Yes, at the Science Museum near our home they had the bed of nails. He has to lay flat on plexi glass and the nails slowly raise up. Its cool, I was afraid for him to do it. He was determined to try it though ;)
How did he like it? That is pretty darn cool :))

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
chynared21 said:
How did he like it? That is pretty darn cool :))
He loved it, he had to give this presentation in front of his peers (80 1st graders) and all the kids call him "Cool Elijah" now....LOL! :D

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
He loved it, he had to give this presentation in front of his peers (80 1st graders) and all the kids call him "Cool Elijah" now....LOL! :D
If that is not a self esteem booster, I don't know what is! ;D

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
It is the Science Discovery Museum in CA....I can't remember what city its in...like 30 mins from me.
if you're in SF sometime, check out the Exploratorium... well worth a visit for kids and adults!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hi,
I just wanted to share with everyone that my son (1st grade) is the Star Student at his school. He's been struggling with reading, however his grades have been straight As'. He was recognized for all his hard work. He got to put a presentation together about himself, and wrote a poem. His school posted it, and I'm so proud of him. If you like to see it, click on the link below:
http://livelesson.connectionsacademy.com/p51396096/

Thanks,
Brittay :)
How cute! It took a while to load on my laptop, but well worth the wait! Congrats, Elijah! :D

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Since this is the proud mommy thread, I can crow a bit. My daughter (a jr. in HS) just received a $500 scholarship to a two week summer art institute this summer. It actually covers 25% of the cost, so she is quite excited. We are too. Go Hannah!

L

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I was finally able to view Elijah's project. So adorable.

Leslie said:
Since this is the proud mommy thread, I can crow a bit. My daughter (a jr. in HS) just received a $500 scholarship to a two week summer art institute this summer. It actually covers 25% of the cost, so she is quite excited. We are too. Go Hannah!

L
Congrats to Hannah. What a wonderful achievement.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Leslie said:

L
Congrats :) That's awesome. :)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts