Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everybody.  I've just published Wasteland, the second part of 'The Lost King' series. Here is something about it.

The year is 1069. The Norman invaders are stealing the lands of the English people, building castles to subdue them and relentlessly making a once free people into serfs.

The English will not, however, submit easily. Armed resistance flares across the land. Yet, to become effective, it needs a leader who can unite the nation.

That leader is Edgar Aetheling, heir of Alfred the Great, a young man born to be king.

Edgar knows he must defeat William the Conqueror, a ruthless leader and formidable foe. But how can a 17 year old boy with an ill-equipped army challenge such a man for his birthright, the throne of England?

Edgar's one hope of victory is to forge an alliance with the ancient Viking enemies of the English and pray that the rest of his people rise up in support of him.

Wasteland tells how the agony of war shapes and matures Edgar and how he learns to inspire loyalty from his allies and respect from his enemies.

It is book 2 of 'The Lost King' series.

·
Super Moderator
67,442 Posts
Welcome to KindleBoards, Martin, and congratulations on your book! :)

Please note that KindleBoards is a Readers and Kindle Fan forum. Authors are always welcome to post anywhere but, as you browse the 'boards, please keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed here in the Book Bazaar.

A brief recap of our rules follows: (Note that this doesn't mean you've done anything wrong; we just want you to have a ready reference. :) )

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Oh, and one more thing: be sure to check out the index threads at the top of the Book Bazaar. . . follow the directions there to be listed. :)

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Book giveaway

To celebrate my first three months as an indie writer I am giving away free copies of my books. Any resultant reviews and tags will be most gratefully received.

5 copies of each of my titles are available. To get a free copy please email me on:

[email protected]

saying which title you would like.

I am keeping this offer open for 24 hours and will email everybody after 12 noon GMT on Monday.

Here are the titles.

The Lost King: Resistance. The long suppressed story of how Edgar, the legitimate heir to the English throne led the resistance to William the Conqueror.

Wasteland: Book 2 of The Lost King series. Edgar enters into an alliance with the Danes. The combined armies experience swift victory against the Normans. William, however, plans his revenge.

Nuggets: Fast fiction for busy readers. These stories are phone-friendly.

Mr Toad's Wedding: The prize winning story of the Kenneth Grahame Society competition to write a story in the style of 'The Wind in the Willows.'

My collection of short stories Pick and Mix is not included in this giveaway as I am giving proceeds from these sales in July and August to Alzheimer's Charities.

Thanks very much for your interest,

Martin Lake

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If there was not a good time to move from childhood to manhood it was 1069.  Especially if you had to challenge William the Conqueror, the deadliest warrior of the age, for your Kingdom.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Three years after the Battle of Hastings the Norman grip upon England was threatened by an army led by Edgar Aetheling.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The harrying of the north was the sin which even William the Conqueror's clerics said could never be forgiven.  Wasteland tells part of this terrible history.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The year is 1069. The Norman invaders are stealing the lands of the English people, building castles to subdue them and relentlessly making a once free people into serfs.

The English will not, however, submit easily. Armed resistance flares across the land. Yet, to become effective, it needs a leader who can unite the nation.

That leader is Edgar Aetheling, heir of Alfred the Great, a young man born to be king.

Edgar knows he must defeat William the Conqueror, a ruthless leader and formidable foe. But how can a 17 year old boy with an ill-equipped army challenge such a man for his birthright, the throne of England?

Edgar's one hope of victory is to forge an alliance with the ancient Viking enemies of the English and pray that the rest of his people rise up in support of him.

Wasteland tells how the agony of war shapes and matures Edgar and how he learns to inspire loyalty from his allies and respect from his enemies.

It is book 2 of 'The Lost King' series.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts