Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
I'm in St. louis, MO and it's supposed to get really bad later this afternoon.  We had that bad tornado come through the area by the airport a little over a month ago and this past Sunday that bad tornado hit southwest MO. It just really crazy and scary having to worry about it all the time. I can't remember it being this bad around here in a long time. There was also a tornado around here on New Year's Eve.

Hope every one stays safe and be careful out there. This is nothing to play around with. Take the warnings seriously.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
The Iceland volcanoes are spewing ash across Scotland again along with associated storms. :(

·
Registered
9,671 Posts
Bad stuff was all around me in OKC last night, but the worst I had to endure was a power outage for ninety minutes.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
T.L. Haddix said:
The Louisville Ky area is supposed to get hit today around 6 p.m., I think. I usually shrug these things off, as they never really come to fruition, if you will, but after the destruction across the south and then Joplin, Missouri last week? I'd be lying if I said I'm not anxious. It's very windy here now, very warm, and I just... I hope the feeling in the pit of my stomach is wrong. I don't like feeling a bullseye on my back.

Hopefully the storms won't be as destructive as the weather people are saying. Y'all stay safe out there. We'll try to do the same here.
My wife and I are the same way, we actually bought a weather radio to wake us up in the middle of the night for tornado warnings as we can barely hear the sirens when awake

we picked this one: http://www.amazon.com/Midland-WR-300-MIDLAND-WR300-Weather/dp/B00009V2YV/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1306448353&sr=8-2

because you can narrow the alerts down to your county and limit the alerts, like "tornado warnings only"

We had one before that would wake you up every night for flash flood alerts 300 miles away or thunderstorms....it was useless

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.