Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Good morning, gang. I'm trying something new. I'm trying to implement a virtual book signing. Today is the RELEASE of Thaloc Has a Body, my latest in the Brodie Wade Series.

If anyone would like to see how I'm implementing the book singing, or would like to help give feedback on how I could do it bigger,better, cooler... stop by and let me know.

Join the FB Group http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/groups/103846866381085/ or stop by and chat with me in person on Google+ https://talkgadget.google.com/hangouts/1156451689426db784bc4ed889dec74bc203301e

I'll be signing actual physical books, doing giveaways, and chatting with people all day long.

·
Registered
489 Posts
One of my favorite authors, J.R. Ward, did a virtual signing.

I was so ecstatic to get my copy in the mail! A couple of things about the virtual signing that stood out:

1. She posted pictures of herself signing copies of the book.
2. She interacted with the readers, tweeting and updating on facebook.
3. My personal favorite: she posted lines from the new release of the series and had readers guess which characters said what line (THAT was fun and the best part IMO).
4. She made videos of herself at the virtual signing, and gave us tidbits of information about the newest installment in her videos. (there was one for every day of the week leading up to the release).

Obviously you may or may not be able to do all of these, but I thought they were fun and interesting.

Congratulations on your release! :D

·
Registered
642 Posts
Oooh, how awesome! Good luck with your virtual signing!

Also, your guest post is up on nrwick.com, and I've been promoting it, so hopefully that will bring in more people.

Congratulations!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NRWick said:
Oooh, how awesome! Good luck with your virtual signing!

Also, your guest post is up on nrwick.com, and I've been promoting it, so hopefully that will bring in more people.

Congratulations!
Wow.. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a quick update on the virtual signing.

It went really well. I got to chat with two or three people on facebook, although no one joined the live Google+ web feed. Too bad, too. I would have loved to just talk about the weather and such. Oh well.

I gave away 5 ebooks as part of the 45-Days of Thaloc event. I also sold three physical books, and two ebooks. So all-in-all, I think that initial launch day was extremely successful.

Now that this book is released into the wild, I need to do some promotion, buy some basic advertising (nothing outrageous), and then let it roam out in the wild to see if it gets legs of its own. While it's out roaming, I suppose I need to get back to writing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts