Kindle Forum banner

VOYAGER: Week of 4/27; Reading Chapters 14-23, Discuss Chapters 1-13 here

12K views 38 replies 10 participants last post by  danfan 
#1 ·
Sorry I took so long.  I wasn't happy with some of the questions and had to rework them.

Here they are at last. 

"Battle, and the Loves of Men"
Chapters 1-3

1. What did you think when Jamie awoke and found Jack Randall's body lying across him?

2.  How did you feel when you found out that Murtagh was dead?

3.  Talk about your feelings when Jamie wanted to die.

4.  How did you feel when Melton decided to send Jamie back to Lallybroch.

5.  What are your impressions of Roger and Brianna at this point?

6.  What was your impression of the scene where Claire tells Frank about Jamie.

7..  Talk about Claire in the role of Frank's wife and being a new mother.

8.  "Leap o' the Cask" is a real legend.  When you read it, did you think it was a real story?  What part did you think this legend was going to play in the story? 

Part 2--Voyager

"Lallybroch"
Chapter 4-6

1.  How do you feel about Jamie living in the cave?

2.  Were you surprised that Fergus is at Lallybroch?

3.  Jenny appears again, what are your impressions of her?

4.  What do you think of Jenny trying to convince Jamie to marry?

5.  Give us your impression of the soldiers in Jenny's room right after the baby's birth.  What did you think was going to happen?

6.  How did you feel about Fergus' accident?

7.  What is your opinion of Jamie's intention of being captured?

8.  Share your feelings about the scene between Jamie and Mary McNab

9.  At this point, have your impressions of Jamie changed?

Part 3--Voyager

"When I am thy captive"
Chapters 7-13

1.  What was your reaction to Linklater's letter about Jamie?

2.  What did you think of the incident where Bree was left on her own and run over by a car?  Did you expect Frank to react the way he did?

3.  How has Jamie changed from the time of Culloden to his experience at Ardsmuir?

4.  What did you think of Major Grey?

5.  How did you feel about Jamie's handling of the situation with the dying man?

6.  How did you feel about that same situation after hearing Jamie's side?

7.  Were you surprised that Grey began dining with Jamie on a weekly basis?

8.  In what ways are Claire still with Jamie while he is in Ardsmuir?

9.  How did you feel about Grey making a pass at Jamie and Jamie’s reaction to it?

10.  Why would Jamie have taken out the tartan for Grey to see knowing the penalty?

11.  How did you react to the flogging scene?

12.  How did you feel when Roger announced to Brianna that they had located Jamie?

See less See more
#2 ·
Chapters 1-3

1. What did you think when Jamie awoke and found Jack Randall's body lying across him?

I was horrified. Jamie was in the deepest despair when he went back to Culloden, then to find his most horrific memory lying on top of his stomach ... shudder. The only good thing about it is that Jamie must have been the one to kill Randall.

2. How did you feel when you found out that Murtagh was dead?

I will surely miss that "wee canty bird." At least he was with Jamie to the end.

3. Talk about your feelings when Jamie wanted to die.

Jamie said it himself in DiA when he told Claire he was a dead man anyway. He just wanted to go down fighting and die honorably. At this point, Claire and the baby are lost, his country is lost, he knows if he is taken, he'll be no use to Lallybroch, which is also lost to him. I can understand his feelings.

It must have been terrible for Jamie to watch his companions taken out one-by-one to be shot, especially those two young boys. How awful for all of them.

4. How did you feel when Melton decided to send Jamie back to Lallybroch.

Surprised, elated, jumping up and down with joy. I didn't know how DG was going to get Jamie out of this one. I don't think Jamie was too happy about it though.

5. What are your impressions of Roger and Brianna at this point?

Brianna seems to be maturing. Roger still seems more interested in her than she does in him. I think she's interested, but seems very caught up in the search for Jamie.

She's really changed her attitude towards Jamie. I think as the search continues, she's becoming more aware of him as a person.

6. What was your impression of the scene where Claire tells Frank about Jamie.

Claire just wanted to be alone with her final memories of Jamie and didn't want anyone to intrude. When Frank came to the hospital, it was like pulling her away from Jamie. I can't blame Frank for his attitude toward Claire. In fact, I commend him for taking responsibility for his wife. Of course, as we see later on, he seems to be punishing her rather than supporting her.

7. Talk about Claire in the role of Frank's wife and being a new mother.

Fussy baby, dinner guests coming, furnace breaks down, unhelpful husband ... in my family, we call that "making memories." Several years later, we can even laugh about it.

8. "Leap o' the Cask" is a real legend. When you read it, did you think it was a real story? What part did you think this legend was going to play in the story?

I didn't know it was a real legend. I have to wonder where DG found that one. When I first read it, I thought it would just lead to the dunbonnet and Jamie.

Part 2--Voyager

"Lallybroch"
Chapter 4-6

1. How do you feel about Jamie living in the cave?

Hasn't this man been through enough? I think the hardest part for Jamie was not being able to help his family and, in fact, putting them in danger.

2. Were you surprised that Fergus is at Lallybroch?

I knew Jenny wouldn't let Fergus leave after he brought Donas back to Lallybroch. He had nowhere else to go, and in any case, he wouldn't have left Jamie.

3. Jenny appears again, what are your impressions of her?

Jenny is so much like Jamie. She copes with whatever life throws at her and doesn't complain.

4. What do you think of Jenny trying to convince Jamie to marry?

Um, has Jenny noticed that Jamie is living in a cave and he has a price on his head?

5. Give us your impression of the soldiers in Jenny's room right after the baby's birth. What did you think was going to happen?

I think at that point, the soldiers are as tired of hunting Jacobites as the Jacobites are of having them around. I thought for sure that Jamie was going to be caught and dire things would happen because Jenny was hiding him.

6. How did you feel about Fergus' accident?

It shouldn't have happened. Fergus shouldn't have taunted the soldiers, but that was his way. Jamie was helpless to prevent it.

7. What is your opinion of Jamie's intention of being captured?

Jamie had reached the breaking point, and Lallybroch was at the end of its resources. Jamie may no longer own the estate, but he still feels responsible for everyone. It was the only way he could think to provide for them. He was really already in prison, being confined to the cave. At least he would have his fellow prisoners to talk with.

8. Share your feelings about the scene between Jamie and Mary McNab.

Very touching. It was good for them both and Mary was right in what she said to him.

9. At this point, have your impressions of Jamie changed?

Up until this point, I thought of Jamie as a young man. I was always conscious of the difference in age between he and Claire, slight though it was. There is no doubt that Jamie was very mature and capable adult when he and Claire were married, but I saw him the way others did. Now, Jamie is aging rapidly in a cave.

Part 3--Voyager
"When I am thy captive"
Chapters 7-13

1. What was your reaction to Linklater's letter about Jamie?

YAY!!! It really is Jamie.

2. What did you think of the incident where Bree was left on her own and run over by a car? Did you expect Frank to react the way he did?

Claire's guilt was normal, and overwrought as she was by the incident, it was no surprise that she decided to give up her medical career. Mother's guilt is a very powerful thing. I certainly didn't expect Frank to offer to take up the slack, but it's pretty obvious that he did it for Bree and not for Claire.

3. How has Jamie changed from the time of Culloden to his experience at Ardsmuir?

Jamie has assumed his normal leadership role. He's just one of those people that others turn to.

4. What did you think of Major Grey?

Surprisingly tough and efficient. Looking back on the incident at Carryarrick, Grey already showed his bravery.

5. How did you feel about Jamie's handling of the situation with the dying man?

Jamie still knows how to dissemble. Grey is no match for the man who danced the tightrope in Paris.

6. How did you feel about that same situation after hearing Jamie's side?

I felt Jamie was honest with Grey, but there was something that Jamie knew that Grey would never figure out.

7. Were you surprised that Grey began dining with Jamie on a weekly basis?

It was inevitable considering what the previous governor said. Besides wanting to find out about the Frenchman's Gold, I think Grey needed to show Jamie that he was no longer the frightened boy Jamie knew at Carryarrick. Jamie was a prisoner and Grey is now in charge.

8. In what ways are Claire still with Jamie while he is in Ardsmuir?

Besides the obvious (Claire in his dreams), he's making use of what he learned from her such as preventing scurvy and what little she knew about the aftermath of Culloden.

9. How did you feel about Grey making a pass at Jamie and Jamie's reaction to it?

Couldn't you just feel Jamie's rage? I'm thinking it took him a long time to get to sleep that night, if he slept at all. I think it probably took Grey a while before he invited Jamie back for an evening chat.

10. Why would Jamie have taken out the tartan for Grey to see knowing the penalty?

That's our Jamie. His sacrifice was in vain, though, as the boy was beaten by the other prisoners.

11. How did you react to the flogging scene?

Not again!! Jamie has so many scars on his back, now, the tissue there must be very hardened.

12. How did you feel when Roger announced to Brianna that they had located Jamie?

Excited!! I'm ready to go back, now.

#4 ·
Wow, this was two books ago for me, so I have to really remember how I felt and not give spoilers.

Chapters 1-3

Ha, finally got the bastard!

Sad for Jamie because Murtagh was always on his side and at his side.

I can't begin to imagine the pain, physically and emotionally, he was going through at the time, but I knew he wouldn't so it made it easier to get through.

4. How did you feel when Melton decided to send Jamie back to Lallybroch.
Relieved and then, "What's the catch?"

Cute, early flirtation. Probably going to go somewhere in the future.

6. What was your impression of the scene where Claire tells Frank about Jamie.
It was the one time I actually felt really awful for Frank. His wife disappears and then returns at random, telling this surprisingly ridiculous story of where she's been.

Not only did she have to adjust to motherhood, she had to readjust to Frank, modern life and life without Jamie. No wonder she was frazzled.

8. "Leap o' the Cask" is a real legend. When you read it, did you think it was a real story? What part did you think this legend was going to play in the story?
I googled the legend after I read this question and found a Q&A from Gabaldon. Interesting. Check it out.

http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~gatti/gabaldon/faq/faq_characters.html#dunbonnet

Part 2--Voyager

"Lallybroch"
Chapter 4-6

Sad. Could he even stand up in there? He's a man who loves to be out, working the land, enjoying animals and being with his family. It was necessary, but it seems that he should have tried to go to France or something.

No, that boy is a wart on Jamie's arse. Oh course he would be where his master was.

Tough cookie, just like someone else we know. One of very few people who can bend Jamie's decisions.

Silly. Doesn't she know Claire's the One? I wish she'd give it up. It will only lead to trouble.

5. Give us your impression of the soldiers in Jenny's room right after the baby's birth. What did you think was going to happen?
Nail-biting scene to be sure. I thought the baby would scream and ruin everything.

Awful of course, but it's his own damn fault. Give them the booze and go away. Ah, the permanent follies of youth.

Silly, but I can't see how it would be that much worse than being confined to the cave for SEVEN years.

8. Share your feelings about the scene between Jamie and Mary McNab
Touching. I think it was good for both of them and maybe gave a little comfort.

It's sad to see him so lifeless with out Claire and feel how obligated he feels towards others. And the resignation is slowly killing his spirit.

Part 3--Voyager

"When I am thy captive"
Chapters 7-13

Good. Hopeful. Wondering if Jamie would get his own chapter someday.

2. What did you think of the incident where Bree was left on her own and run over by a car? Did you expect Frank to react the way he did?
What an idiotic babysitter! No, I didn't, but it seemed self-serving, like "Look how great a parent I am. You should be more like me."

3. How has Jamie changed from the time of Culloden to his experience at Ardsmuir?
He seems to have a quiet rage bubbling at his core waiting to be unleashed. But he's still the leader, the one to lean on and the one to get it done whatever the cost to himself.

*smile* Too funny. I just kept waiting for the big reveal. Interesting man he grew up to be.

Um, is OK if I don't remember this part and can't find it when I looked?

*ducks* Sorry...

No, Grey knew who the prisoners listened to and trusted.

The greens eating, the dreams, the weight of loving her in his heart.

9. How did you feel about Grey making a pass at Jamie and Jamie's reaction to it?
I was surprised when he didn't hit John. Again, you could feel the seething rage.

10. Why would Jamie have taken out the tartan for Grey to see knowing the penalty?
Aside from taking a beating he knew he could handle and sparing the boy, he wanted John to associate him with something other than desire.

Not as horrific as earlier scenes, but still unpleasant. You know he feels every stroke.

12. How did you feel when Roger announced to Brianna that they had located Jamie?
Yea! When does Claire leave? Poor Brianna. Wait, will she decide she wants to go too?

#5 ·
***I can't remember "The leap of The Cask". Thanks for the link!!!
***Yes, I also loved reading the part about Jamie talking about the length of books & books in general.
***Murtagh - I kind of suspected that he would have died considering his age, but felt very sad that he did, since he's cared for Jamie & Claire.
***I wanted to slap Frank when he sounded off on Claire when he expected her to be superwoman for his associates. I also wanted Claire to tell Frank about what occured in the day & could he have done any better???? Then, I would have taking off to cool off.
***When Jamie woke up with Jack Randall on top of him, my thoughts went back to Claire & Roger research into where's Jamie. We read that Claire was confused about why both Jamie & Jack would end up dead at that same church. I'm not sure if Claire was also confused about how Jamie ended up so far away from the battle field. I wasn't sure if Jamie got Jack or another Scott got him.
***I thought it was a bit over the top when Jamie insisted on being killed with his men. I can well imagine him wanting to die with the grief that he was dealing with, but to beg to be killed & mad about it. I don't get it. Is it, besides the grief, a romantic notion of dying as a warrior?
***Okay, that's all the time I have for now. Later.  ;) Got to read Voyager.

#6 ·
luvmy4brats said:
I enjoyed th scene with Jamie and Lord John discussing long books. It was obviously DG's way of taking a shot at all of her critics that complain her books are so long. It's also her way of explaing why she feels the whole story is important.
Hah ... good insight. I love it. When a book is great, it can't be too long.

#7 ·
NessaBug said:
I googled the legend after I read this question and found a Q&A from Gabaldon. Interesting. Check it out.

http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~gatti/gabaldon/faq/faq_characters.html#dunbonnet
I forgot that part about the dunbonnet being named James Fraser. Do you think she found that legend before writing Outlander and that's how she decided on Jamie's name?

Um, is OK if I don't remember this part and can't find it when I looked?

*ducks* Sorry...
There's never any obligation to answer all the questions. Just as a refresher, that was the man that told Jamie about the Frenchman's Gold intended for Charles Stuart.

Aside from taking a beating he knew he could handle and sparing the boy, he wanted John to associate him with something other than desire.
Good thought. By forcing John to punish him, he put a further distance between them.

#8 ·
Toby said:
***I thought it was a bit over the top when Jamie insisted on being killed with his men. I can well imagine him wanting to die with the grief that he was dealing with, but to beg to be killed & mad about it. I don't get it. Is it, besides the grief, a romantic notion of dying as a warrior?
It was more than grief. If he was taken by the English, he faced drawing and quartering. Remember Monsieur Forez in DiA demonstrating to Jamie exactly how they execute traitors? It's a pretty horrible way to die.

If by some chance he got away, the Scots would hunt him down for killing Dougal.

Either way, Jamie knew he was going to die, so might as well die on his own terms and go down fighting.

#9 ·
Gertie;
I finished my paper last night and got to get back to Voyager. I will come back and answer the questions after I finish the chapters. Oh yes, and after I finish crying. My heart broke for Jamie when he woke up at Culloden and realized he was not dead.

#10 ·
tlshaw *Padded Cell 511* said:
Gertie;
I finished my paper last night and got to get back to Voyager. I will come back and answer the questions after I finish the chapters. Oh yes, and after I finish crying. My heart broke for Jamie when he woke up at Culloden and realized he was not dead.
And if he was dead, who he was stuck with in the afterlife.

#11 ·
***Yes, so true, Gertie. Thanks for the reminder. Yup, now I remember the English torture. I'm still just wondering if the Scotts would have killed Jamie, because of Dougal. Jamie could have said that Dougal was trying to kill his wife & he was only protecting her. Jamie could have just said that Dougal was hallucinating. It was self defense. Wishful thinking, I guess.
***Fergus - Fergus was acting as cocky Fergus, himself. He's a bit too fearless for his own good. He's still just a kid. That was shocking when he was hurt. I thought he was dead at 1st. I wonder if he was trying to draw attention away from Jamie's cave? Probably not. Just wanted not to hand over the ale.
***Jamie holding the baby in the closet in Jenny's room. Well, I just felt that something was going to happen. I was so relieved that the baby didn't scream. I was on pins & needles.
***I knew Grey would be making a pass. Geesh!! Will these men just leave Jamie alone!!!! Besides that bit to enrage Jamie, they get along quite nicely considering the circumstances. They both have a sense of honor. They both can read. LOL! Both are educated. Grey wants to help the prisoners the best that he can. So does Jamie. They both want out of that prison & area. They both lost someone that they loved. They both play chess. Jamie saved Grey's life. Because of Grey, Jamie didn't die.
***Mary - a bit of a surprise, yet I didn't feel like Jamie betrayed Claire, as he thought that he would never see her again. I was glad that she was there for him.
***The dying man - I'm not sure if what happened after, occured last week or this, so I won't discuss that part yet.
***Good point about the distancing part when Jamie took responsibility & got flogged. I'm also thinking. Geesh!!! The pain Jamie has to keep enduring. Also, I like Jamie's thoughts afterwards about people tending to do what they are meant to do vs. doing what they are not meant to do. Morrison, I think that's the nam, is the healer there. Yet he knows no more than the other men. Jamie, the 1 that the other men go to for advice & to be their leader.

#12 ·
Chapters 1-3

Jamie had once told Claire that what was between him and Randall would never be over until one of them was dead. Now it is over, but was Jamie the one who ended it?

I was sad because Murtagh was the one who always had Jamie's back, and I think he was a father figure to Jamie. He was, after all, Jamie's godfather.

He felt he had nothing to live for with Claire and the baby gone. He knew if the English took him, it would be a long painful death. If the Scots got him, it would be a disgrace. I can understand the depth of depression he must have been in.

4. How did you feel when Melton decided to send Jamie back to Lallybroch?
Jamie should have sent Claire back to Lallybroch with Fergus, and then she would have been there to take care of him.

They both believe Claire and are completely focused on finding out what happened to Jamie. Roger is falling in love with Bree, but since none of this is written from Bree's point of view, it is hard to tell how she really feels about him. But, I also think she is so focused on the search for Jamie, that she doesn't really see Roger as a love interest.

6. What was your impression of the scene where Claire tells Frank about Jamie?
Claire is fighting to keep Jamie alive in her memory, and she sees Frank as an intrusion. She knows she did what was best for the baby, but she feels like she deserted her husband. Frank thinks Claire is deluded, or maybe Stockholm syndrome before it was given a name. Was she with her captors so long that she no longer knew what was real?

She was trying to be the proper wife of an up and coming college professor. She was also trying to be the perfect mother. Claire was not really the domestic type, and wearing so many hats was too much, especially when she was still living in the past with Jamie. She could not let go.

I knew it had to have something to do with Jamie, otherwise, why bring it up?

Part 2--Voyager

"Lallybroch"
Chapter 4-6

He must have wondered if he wouldn't have been better off having died at Culloden. But, being a Catholic, he could not take his own life.

Where else would he be? The last time we saw him; Jamie put him on Donas and sent him from Culloden to Lallybroch with the deed of sasine assigning Lallybroch to young Jamie. Based on the timeline, Jamie arrived on the verge of death about a week later. Fergus would stay with "milord" who was the only family he had.

Jenny is a Fraser. Weren't the Frasers known to be stubborn? She was as stubborn as Jamie, but also had the same sense of honor and duty.

Jenny thought, like everyone else, that Claire was dead. She loved Jamie and wanted him to be able to move on with his life and try to find some happiness.

Jenny was very sharp to think of telling them the baby was dead. What kind of man could search a grieving mother's room? I was hoping the baby would not cry. I felt bad for little Jamie, thinking the baby was gone. He definitely showed he was a Fraser though, the way he lit into the British officer.

Fergus was trying to protect Jamie. I wonder though if he would have gotten off if he had let them have the cask, or if they would have interrogated him about where he was going with it. I knew Jamie would honor his promise to always take care of Fergus if he was caught and punished.

I think he was doing what he thought was the only thing he could to take care of his family and his tenants. They were going to starve and he had no other way to provide for them. Maybe he was hoping he would be killed, and then his suffering would be over.

8. Share your feelings about the scene between Jamie and Mary McNab
Mary was not after Jamie, I think she wanted to give him the only thing she could to try to help him. They both were lonely hurting people, and they both needed that night.

No, he is still and honorable man. He is maturing, but it has always been hard to remember how young he was. Even at this point, he is only about 33 years old.

Part 3--Voyager

"When I am thy captive"
Chapters 7-13

He didn't die, but where is he?

What a terrible babysitter! I think in his own way, Frank loved Claire and admired her spirit. Also, Bree was very important to Frank, and he would do whatever he had to to take care of her.

He is resigned to what he sees as his fate. He didn't die at Culloden, so he will continue to take care of the people under his charge.

Still very unsure of himself like he was at Carryarick.

He kept his word and told Grey what was said. But with the story about the witch, he had to try to find Claire. Did he really get rid of all the treasure except the sapphire?

Claire was his whole world, and he had to try to find her if she was still there.

No matter what Grey thought about Jamie, he was a pragmatist, and would do what needed to be done.

He is using what she taught him about preventing scurvy and other things. She is always in his dreams.

He is lucky Jamie did not break his neck. It seems everyone is attracted to Jamie, but Grey seems to be really falling in love, while with Randall it was more an obsession that he had to have Jamie.

He was taking care of his men, which was his nature. He also wanted to build a wall to keep Grey at a distance. He could not let there be a repeat of Wentworth.

I cried, that was one of Jamie's fears. He had already been flogged and knew how painful it was.

Roger is as invested in this search now as Claire and Bree, but he was also doing this for Bree.

#13 ·
Toby said:
***Okay, that's all the time I have for now. Later. ;) Got to read Voyager.
Remember Monsieur Forez's discussion with Jamie in France about how traitors were drawn and quartered? That is what was waiting for Red Jamie in London. Being shot in the head on the field would be a much more merciful form of death. But, even if he escaped, the Scots would be after him for killing Dougal. He figured he was a dead man, it was just a matter of how and when. Nothing romantic about it.

#14 ·
Chapters 1-3

Jamie had once told Claire that what was between him and Randall would never be over until one of them was dead. Now it is over, but was Jamie the one who ended it?
I like to believe that Jamie is the one who ended it.

She was trying to be the proper wife of an up and coming college professor. She was also trying to be the perfect mother. Claire was not really the domestic type, and wearing so many hats was too much, especially when she was still living in the past with Jamie. She could not let go.
This is why I don't think Claire would have lasted long in the role of Oxford Don's wife, even if she hadn't traveled to the past.

#15 ·
Gertie Kindle 'Turn to Page 390' said:
I forgot that part about the dunbonnet being named James Fraser. Do you think she found that legend before writing Outlander and that's how she decided on Jamie's name?
I read in the Outlandish Companion, that DG named Jamie before finding the legend. Leap o the cask also happens ne'er Broch Morda. There are alot of coincidences in what she wrote, and the facts she found out about after the fact.

#16 ·
bookfiend said:
I read in the Outlandish Companion, that DG named Jamie before finding the legend. Leap o the cask also happens ne'er Broch Morda. There are alot of coincidences in what she wrote, and the facts she found out about after the fact.
Welcome to our Klub, bookfiend. The only hard and fast rule here is that you stay within the chapter set we are discussing. You can go back to other threads to discuss other chapters, and someone will always join you there. Other than that, there is no obligation to answer the questions. Just jump in whenever you like.

#18 ·
Welcome to our Klub, bookfiend. The only hard and fast rule here is that you stay within the chapter set we are discussing. You can go back to other threads to discuss other chapters, and someone will always join you there. Other than that, there is no obligation to answer the questions. Just jump in whenever you like.
Sorry, The thread I replied to had been inactive for a few days, and what I said was relevent to that thread, Im not sure how my reply got to this one, but I defiantly didn't derail on purpose. Thanks for the welcome.

#19 ·
bookfiend said:
Sorry, The thread I replied to had been inactive for a few days, and what I said was relevent to that thread, Im not sure how my reply got to this one, but I defiantly didn't derail on purpose. Thanks for the welcome.
You didn't derail at all. Leap O' the Cask is part of the chapters we are discussing now. Anyway, we hardly ever employ Monsieur Forez to draw and quarter new members. ;D

#24 ·
You didn't derail at all. Leap O' the Cask is part of the chapters we are discussing now. Anyway, we hardly ever employ Monsieur Forez to draw and quarter new members. ;D
Monsieur Forez does occasionally stop by to supervise, and join in the conversation though. Sometimes he even brings gifts of his salve. It is great stuff!

#25 ·
Monsieur Forez does occasionally stop by to supervise, and join in the conversation though. Sometimes he even brings gifts of his salve. It is great stuff!
Sure helps my rheumatism.

I wish he wouldn't drop by right after work, though. He keeps gazing off into space and getting this funny look on his face.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.