Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have been lurking for several weeks now and have finally decided to reveal myself.  My name is Sara, and Daisy is my four legged furry sidekick.
I am interested in the Kindle because of the adjustable font sizes. I am looking forward to reading newspapers and blogs on my Kindle. I have been keeping a list of books I want to download.
I am still trying to decide if I want to pay $9.99 for bestsellers or continue to order them from the library.
I ordered the VanGogh Irises from Decal Girl and plan to make my own travel padded cover for my Kindle. One of my hobbies is making books (a little irony here) so I have all the supplies and tools to do this.
You all seem like a friendly bunch here and reading your posts keeps up the suspense and anticipation.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi and welcome to the Kindleboards! Come check out Chat! [chats one of the newer features on the forum]

We love out pets here on Kindleboards. On our Not Quite Kindle, we have a thread dedicated to our beloved furry or feathered friends. Personally, my bedside buddy is my two year old yellow lab, Hoku (who is currently knocked out after a couple hours at the dogpark).

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Hello and welcome from another whose waiting for their Kindle. It helps fill the time to have this board to learn & laugh with other Kindle enthusiasts.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi SaraDaisy.

I too have a furry Daisy...hence, my screen name...Daisysmama.  you can see her pic to the left of this message.  She is more ham than kitty and actually posed for this pic, patiently waiting for me to notice and go get the camera!!

You will love this site.  Everyone is so welcoming and a lots of fun.  Just beware, so many good book suggestions, your budget will go ouch a few times!!!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hello, Sara -

Glad you are here and decided to unlurk.  Is Daisy a cat, dog, ferret, hamster,  ???

Will you post a pic of Daisy over in the Pet thread?  That would be awesome.  Same for when you make your Kindle cover.  Many folks here would be  interested in seeing what you make.

Wishing your Kindle arrives earlier than expected,

Marci

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome Sara!

This is a great place to spend time as you wait on your Kindle. Feel free to ask questions and we will do our best to answer them. I think the VanGough Iris skin is beautiful!

Linda

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Nice to have you here SaraDaisy - be sure and post a picture of your furbaby, we all seem to AWWWW over them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi again. Thank you all for the kind welcomes.

My furry friend is a chihuahua. OK not so much fur! I took some pictures of her today playing in the snow so I will work on uploading them for you all to see.

Sara

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Sara, welcome! (again...I said hi in another thread, too!). So glad to have you here. This is a fun and friendly place!

L

1 - 12 of 12 Posts