Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Vancouver, WA!!!!  My name is Chris.  I own a small software company in the Pacific Northwest.  I have lived all over the country but have called Vancouver WA home for the last 13 years.  I have been happily married for 17 years and have a great Yorkie named Cheeky.

This is my second post.... Made my first post in Dori's thread about New Refurbs!!!!

I have been wanting a Kindle since last year.  Ordered one last week but saw a 11 WEEK!!!!!! wait.  Wouldn't get here until March.  I continued to lurk and read on the kindleboards and based on what I saw decided to order a reborn kindle.  Ordered it this afternoon and it is supposed to be here on Tuesday.

I guess I am on Kindle Watch now!!!

Thanks for all the great info and I look forward to being part of the community.

Chris

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Wahoo, Chris, welcome to Kindleboards and congratulations for being on Kindlewatch!

Start browsing the Book Corner to see what great bargain books, free books and favorite books you want to purchase for your Kindle.  You can start ordering now, they'll be ready to download!

Yay for Kindlewatch, we're with you!

Betsy

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Welcome again, and we will be with you on your kindlewatch.  You will find a wealth of information on these boards along with a little joviality, accessories for your kindle if that is to your liking, and much much more.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Hello, Chris.  Congratulations on your short delivery date!  Next week -- it won't be long.  Let us know.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi Chris - Welcome.

I love the title of your post.  I have to be careful of Google searches using WA because I always end up with results on the wrong side of the country.  I am from the burbs of Seattle.

You will love your Kindle when it arrives - enjoy.

Susan

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Susan: I hear ya....  I constantly have to explain to people that I don't live in Vancouver BC.  Then they think it must be right across the border.  I usually just tell people I live near Portland to avoid the confusion.

Chris

·
Registered
869 Posts
Chris -

I HAD to check out your post as soon as I read "Waiting for my New Reborn Kindle in Vancouver NOT BC Washington NOT DC" :D :D :D I remember taking a trip to the NYC and when people asked where I was from, I would say "Washington". Ooooops. That automatically meant "DC", a city I knew nothing about. Very quickly learned to say "WA State"!

I live in Bellevue (think Seattle & head east). Always great to see another WA resident join these boards. Any state so far seems to be outnumbered by Texans ;)

Glad to have you here and I look forward to Kindle Watching with you,

Marci

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Chris, welcome! Glad to have you here. You'll love your Kindle as much as the rest of us, I am sure!

L

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome Aboard, Chris

We are so glad you are here. My niece lives in Vancouver WA too. Her husband works for USPS so he might even be delivering your mail.

Keep reading the boards, there are lots of ideas, tips and tricks, and everything you could possibly imagine here for your Kindle.

Nice to meet you - Waving at you from California

-sailor

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@chynared21:  Yes!!!!  Came to my office and I was in meetings this afternoon but I am home now and playing.  It is fantastic!!!!

It is a Reborn but you wouldn't know it.

Chris

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi Chris!

Now the real fun begins.  Wait til you download your first book.  It's so darn awesome.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@KCFoggin:  Already Did.... "The Road"  It is SO COOL!!!!!!  Did it over Whispernet

Chris

1 - 20 of 20 Posts