Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What an amazing, complex story that keeps you gripped right from the get go. I know that it was offered for free at one point and is now $3.19. It's always great when one of the freebies turns out to be worth so much more:) If you downloaded it when it was free, read it. If you have to buy it, it's well worth it. Does anyone know if there's more works out there by this author? I can't seem to find any on Amazon.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Mollyb52 said:
Looks good. I just downloaded the PDF from the authors site.
I actually downloaded the PDF and emailed it to my Kindle. The formatting was so-so. I wondered if it would be worth it to pay $3.19 for the Kindle book and get a more nicely formatted copy. Then I got distracted with reading something else and haven't gone back to this.

L

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
madrye said:
What an amazing, complex story that keeps you gripped right from the get go. I know that it was offered for free at one point and is now $3.19. It's always great when one of the freebies turns out to be worth so much more:) If you downloaded it when it was free, read it. If you have to buy it, it's well worth it. Does anyone know if there's more works out there by this author? I can't seem to find any on Amazon.
I bought it and what a great read! I was hooked after the the first few pages, loved the main characters and related to every emotion. Highly reccommend. RJ is a member here, we have exchanged PM's and I am waiting for a reply asking her if she has any other books.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I. Loved. This. Book!

I got the .pdf from the author website and emailed it to my Kindle and got tired of the formatting issues and went ahead and bought the book from Amazon for $3.19.  TOTALLY worth it!  I would highly recommend this book.  It struck a deep cord with me.  Loved the characters, loved the story.  Gripping and compelling.

I hope that the author signed up here!  She is my friend on GoodReads and I told her about this place (I think) 

·
Registered
856 Posts
I read it and yes you get hooked after the first few pages. I don't remember if I got if for free or if I paid for it  ??? but either way I enjoyed the book.

·
Registered
496 Posts
madrye said:
I agree - great book. I loved it. The author is currently working on another book that will be about Brian's father. I asked her to be sure to post here when it's completed!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I was hooked too.  I got the pdf that was emailed to my kindle.  The only formatting issues I had were the first letter of each paragraph the first letter was on a different line.  I got used to it quickly. 

I've recommended the book to a few of my friends.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Just wanted to post a very sincere Thanks! to you all.

"Waiting For Spring" is my first novel, my first attempt at writing a novel for that matter, and I'll be honest...I was a little nervous about how people would react to it. There's a certain amount of exposing raw emotions going on there, and there was always the fear of having said too much, of having gone too far, of "yikes...maybe I'm the only one who's ever felt this way." So to get such a positive reaction, to read that people could relate to and actually feel the emotions that the characters were feeling - well it's the best gift a writer can get, and I can't thank you enough for it.

As Laurie said, I am working on a second novel right now that tells Brian's parents' story, told through Rick's eyes. My hope is to have it ready by the end of the year, and when it's done it will absolutely be released on Kindle. I have a blog where I've posted a little bit about the progress of writing that book, as well as about Waiting For Spring...and a lot of other random stuff. http://rjkeller.wordpress.com/

Also, just a quick note that all of the proceeds from the sale of the novel (Kindle, dead tree, and otherwise) are going to Spruce Run, a domestic abuse project here in Maine that provides information and support to people affected by domestic abuse.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
rjkeller said:
Also, just a quick note that all of the proceeds from the sale of the novel (Kindle, dead tree, and otherwise) are going to Spruce Run, a domestic abuse project here in Maine that provides information and support to people affected by domestic abuse.
Welcome RJ! Glad to have you here. I am in Maine, too (Portland).

That's a great thing you are doing -- donating to Spruce Run. Kudos to you.

L

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Vicki & KC, thank you so much!

Jeff Bezos said:
Welcome RJ! Glad to have you here. I am in Maine, too (Portland).

That's a great thing you are doing -- donating to Spruce Run. Kudos to you.

L
Awesome to meet another Mainer! :)

I've seen SO much domestic violence around me, and it's only getting worse with the economy tanking, that I felt I had to do something.

·
Registered
115 Posts
rjkeller,
I just finished your  book and I have recommended it to several of my friends! You have a talent you should treasure. The characters in the book evolve throughout the book. I couldn't put it down. I enjoyed reading it and anxiously await your next novel. Thank You for sharing!
Loved the name!
Vicki

1 - 19 of 19 Posts