Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 397 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a thread to talk about/plug my novel, Waiting For Spring.

Brief synopsis from Amazon:
A recently divorced woman trudges out of one small, Maine town and into an even smaller one, hoping to escape her pain. Instead she finds herself surrounded by people who are trudging on, just like her. Waiting for things to get better. Waiting for spring.

Twitter synopsis:
Angst, sex, love, & redemption in the boonies of Maine.

The Kindle version is linked up yonder, but you can download the book from a variety of sources (some free) by clicking on this link (it just leads to a page on my blog.) You can also find a more in depth synopsis there, as well as links to excerpts and some reader reviews.

NOTE: All of the proceeds (ie, all of the profits I receive) from the book will be donated to Spruce Run, a domestic abuse project here in Maine that provides information and support to all people affected by domestic abuse.

WARNING: The novel contains sex, raw language, and adult themes. If it was a movie it would definitely be rated R (U.S. rating system.)

Edited to add: This was my 100th post! Whoo-hoo! :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also read it and really enjoyed it.  Be forewarned:  its not a feel-good story but its realistic with flawed characters, relationship issues, and how people come out the "other side" of bad situations.

·
Registered
361 Posts
dngtrumps said:
I also read it and really enjoyed it. Be forewarned: its not a feel-good story but its realistic with flawed characters, relationship issues, and how people come out the "other side" of bad situations.
Exactly!! I read & liked it a lot. :)
kjn

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A flash fiction story of mine, "Reflection," was an Editor's Choice winner at the Editor Unleashed/Smashwords FlashFiction40 contest last week. There were 280 entries, 1 grand prize winner, and 39 Editor's Choice winners. Those 40 stories will be included in an anthology that will be published by Smashwords, so I'm pretty excited. ;D

I'll let you know when it's available.

·
Registered
496 Posts
rjkeller said:
A flash fiction story of mine, "Reflection," was an Editor's Choice winner at the Editor Unleashed/Smashwords FlashFiction40 contest last week. There were 280 entries, 1 grand prize winner, and 39 Editor's Choice winners. Those 40 stories will be included in an anthology that will be published by Smashwords, so I'm pretty excited. ;D

I'll let you know when it's available.
Congrats!!

I'm anxiously awaiting your next book.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Me too.  I loved "Waiting for Spring" and anxiously await your next novel.  I still think about that book and it was several books ago that I read it.  It's my kind of book, with a tough subject, great character development and enough sex to keep your interest, and some real depth.
Paula ny

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Laurie and Corkyb, thank you both so much!

Right now I'm working on two projects...the sequel to Waiting For Spring, which is slow in coming I'm sorry to say, as well as a book of short, humorous stories - which is VERY different in tone from both WFS and its sequel. The latter book will hopefully be out on Kindle by the end of August.

·
Registered
361 Posts
rjkeller said:
Laurie and Corkyb, thank you both so much!

Right now I'm working on two projects...the sequel to Waiting For Spring, which is slow in coming I'm sorry to say, as well as a book of short, humorous stories - which is VERY different in tone from both WFS and its sequel. The latter book will hopefully be out on Kindle by the end of August.
OOHH, a sequel! YAY....can't wait. :)
kjn

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
LOL...Thanks, Mr. Patterson.

I actually came here due to your post on the Kindle Forums @ Amazon.  You said you hung out here where all the action is.  He, he

I have bought 2 of your books, btw: Bobby's Trace & Turning Idolator. Keep meaning to move them up on my TBR list. Can't decide which one to start with. Suggestion?

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
Thank you Red. But I don't want to inadvertantly hijack RJ's thread. Her book is wonderful and supports a great cause.

Thanks
Ed P

·
Registered
446 Posts
RJ-

I would just like to take this moment to say that I am not very happy right now.  I started your book 2 days ago, and I also started my college classes this week.  Right now I should be doing my homework, but instead I am reading your book because I cannot put it down!!  I am about a quarter of the way through right now, it is a wonderfully crafted piece of lietrature thus far.  I can put the homework off for one more night right??

Cheers!
Rachel

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I read "Waiting for Spring" several months ago and it has been one of the best books I have read since getting my Kindle.  I was transfixed with it and was sad when it was over.  I highly recommend it (with an "R" rating- don't want to mislead anyone) and look forward to all future works!!  Superb story!!

I will add that if not for Kindle, I would probably never have found this novel.  Yea for Kindle and Kindleboards!!  (And for RJ Keller!)

1 - 20 of 397 Posts