Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, maybe not patiently, but reading this board and the Amazon one is helping to pass the time.  My hubby ordered a Christmas Kindle for me back on 12/18, but it looks like it'll be a St. Paddy's Kindle.  Crossing my fingers that it will come mid to late Feb. before I leave for a long weekend.

Anyway, I look forward to reading more discussions about the Kindle, books, etc.

ogie287, from So. Cal. where it's rainy and cold now (yesterday was 80 and sunny)

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
ogie287 said:
OK, maybe not patiently, but reading this board and the Amazon one is helping to pass the time. My hubby ordered a Christmas Kindle for me back on 12/18, but it looks like it'll be a St. Paddy's Kindle. Crossing my fingers that it will come mid to late Feb. before I leave for a long weekend.

Anyway, I look forward to reading more discussions about the Kindle, books, etc.

ogie287, from So. Cal. where it's rainy and cold now (yesterday was 80 and sunny)
I hope you get it early!
Our S. CA cold is pretty relative when it comes to the non-Callies on the board. But I bet the Floridians and folks in Hawaii understand :p

·
Registered
335 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Welcome to the boards

where its just cold here in florida 41 degrees expected to be 70 by saturday

winter in Florida just gotta love it

·
Registered
124 Posts
Welcome Ogie287!

We can hardly wait to congratulate you on your Kindle's arrival :)

These folks at Kboards are super friendly, and knowledgable!

I'm born and raised in LA, I've been living in Malibu for 14 years, and I still can't believe when we have changes in weather like we did in the past 24 hours.  I was sitting in the SUN day before yesterday...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

This weather is perfect for Kindle-reading. :( Guess I'll have to pick up a DTB (is that correct?) for now....Geez, what a newbie.

Three more days until the Kindle-waiters potentially find out what's going on with our orders.  It'll be the longest three days!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome! Be sure and check out the Book Klubs in the Book Corner area. If you see one you'd like to be in, It's OK to join in at any time, We're easy that way. Glad to have you with us.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Ogie - nice to have you here.  I sorta miss cold rainy days to curl up with hot tea (or cocoa) and my kindle and read, read, read.  You have a nice bunch of folks here to wait with though.  All questions are welcome as you will see as you read the board.
Time will pass quickly  ;D maybe LOL

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Welcome. Hopefully after the announcement on Monday, the Kindles will start shipping. I got mine for Christmas and love it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts