Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a used Oberon handbag or purse they want to sell at a REASONABLE price?
Oberon has them but for over $200 bucks...ahhhhh I don't think so...who besides movie stars and rich people can buy that kind of stuff and feel OK spending that kind of money? Used is good enough for me...anyone?

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
SB, good luck with that!  People love their Oberons!  But perhaps someone will contact you.  I'm going to suggest we move this to the Buy, Sell Trade & Barter  board and change the subject to Wanted so people know you're looking, not selling!

Betsy

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK..I didn't know where to post this...I love my Oberon Journals and wanted a purse..but heck...I can't afford that kind of money... :(

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
It's always worth a try... ;D

If you love Oberon products, you're in the right place.  Our members love their Oberons....

Betsy

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I'll move it and change the subject line. Good luck, SB! I am also searching for a Kitchenaid Mixer...

L

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
There was one offered for $165 not too long ago, so you might get lucky! I have had my eye on the Wild Rose design, and even though my wonderful husband has given me the green light, I just can't bring myself to spend the money yet. We only have another year till we pay off the house...maybe then.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$165? woweee....and you think that is a good deal? I think I am fooling myself....no Oberon purse for me...sigh....oh well...maybe I will find one at a garage sale or something...
:-\

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I know how you feel; I buy Brighton items mostly secondhand because I generally can't stomach the retail price.  But I've learned that "garage sale pricing" on things like this are few and far between.  And that I'm better off saving up to either buy exactly what I want, or to at least get to the usual resale price (on ebay, about 2/3 of retail for year+ old items from most well-known designers), because the truly cheap stuff is not only hard as heck to find, but is almost always in poor condition. 

To be fair, there's no real reason for an Oberon to lose significant value unless it's been seriously mistreated.  Properly maintained high quality leather that hasn't been abused is extremely durable.  So once you have it, it's going to last you a very long time!

Good luck!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can't believe it...I have Ebayed...Googled and there are NO USED Oberon handbags anywhere!!! I have finally told my husband that I have a great birthday(in September)...gift idea....expensive as they are....I WANT ONE..those handbags look beautiful and if they are anything like the journals...wowee.
I have to tell you...when I touch an Oberon leather journal...I feel so HAPPY...I not have FIVE journals..bought on Ebay...and I said to myself I was going to buy them to give them as gifts..but when I touch them...I just feel so good and happy...I don't want to part with them at all. And now I am eyeing the handbags...and maybe the checkbook covers...even though I seldom write checks anymore...sigh..
I think I need help......

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
spoiled brat said:
I can't believe it...I have Ebayed...Googled and there are NO USED Oberon handbags anywhere!!! I have finally told my husband that I have a great birthday(in September)...gift idea....expensive as they are....I WANT ONE..those handbags look beautiful and if they are anything like the journals...wowee.
I have to tell you...when I touch an Oberon leather journal...I feel so HAPPY...I not have FIVE journals..bought on Ebay...and I said to myself I was going to buy them to give them as gifts..but when I touch them...I just feel so good and happy...I don't want to part with them at all. And now I am eyeing the handbags...and maybe the checkbook covers...even though I seldom write checks anymore...sigh..
I think I need help......
I did the same thing....couldn't find used ones anywhere for sale. Wish I could find one too. So expensive....I asked for a DSI for my birthday instead (I'm a game nerd)....LOL! My hubby said he'd buy me one for my bday....it just costs so much.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
SB,

I'm going to move this to archives since you're getting one for your birthday!  If you are still looking, please let me know!

Betsy
BST&B Mod

1 - 13 of 13 Posts