Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I love the look of the Strangedog's Serious Color Cover

http://strangedog.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=16

I know that Frank, that makes Strangedog covers, only makes a limited number of each pattern.

With so many switching to the beautiful Oberon covers I was wondering if someone has one of the Serious Color covers that they would be interested in selling.

I just bought the Oberon Tree of Life with velcro and it was delivered 3 days ago. Although it is very beautiful, so far I haven't even attached my Kindle to it yet. It is completely new! I'm not sure why but I would still rather have the Serious Color cover.

I'm considering selling the Oberon but haven't made a final decision yet on that. I won't use it at all unless I decide not to sell it.

Most of you probably think I'm nuts but I absolutely love bright colors.

Lynn M

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Did you email Frank about the cover you want? I don't have the Strangedog cover but I read sometime ago at Amazon board that on his web site most of the covers are sold out but you can email him and see if he have it or not. Or request him to see if he can get the cover you want. Everyone said he is very nice so you might like to try that.

Shizu

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I did email Frank. He said that he only bought a small amount of this material this past summer and sold all that he had immediately. I know that it's a very small chance but I was hoping that if someone from this board bought one and has now moved onto another cover that they may consider selling.

I will probably have to look for my own material and try to figure something out for myself.

It's hard to get a Strangedog cover because they sell so fast. But maybe in the Spring, Frank will get a similar material. I will have to keep watching.

Thanks.

Lynn M

·
Registered
72 Posts
I hear ya. I have been watching his site like a hawk and keep missing the black dragonfly cover and the purple warm quilt cover. I did sign up for the alerts too. I emailed him and have not heard back as of yet. I also keep checking ebay too.

Tracie

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. I've been considering asking him to make a custom one. Since he only makes them in his spare time, I'm not sure if he is able.

Lynn M.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Have you ever covered a school textbook?  If you find the fabric, cover your original Kindle cover just as when you were in school.  If you don't sew, use a fabric glue to turn the fabric edges down.  Remember to bring the left edge all the way to the spine.  It looks better this way.  Of course this will not really replace the custom cover.  If you do sew, you know what to do.  Good Luck!  I did see this fabric at Joann's.  Look in the quilting cottons.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Angela said:
Do you think he would make a custom cover if you sent your own fabric to him??
I think he did for some people. I read in Amazon board about it. I think you should email him about it.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
beachgrl said:
Have you ever covered a school textbook? If you find the fabric, cover your original Kindle cover just as when you were in school. If you don't sew, use a fabric glue to turn the fabric edges down. Remember to bring the left edge all the way to the spine. It looks better this way. Of course this will not really replace the custom cover. If you do sew, you know what to do. Good Luck! I did see this fabric at Joann's. Look in the quilting cottons.
I just got home from JoAnn Fabrics and I think I found the exact same material! I can do some sewing. I bought enough to try it on my own and also consider emailing Frank (Strangedog) and ask if he would consider doing a custom cover.

I bought 2 other fabrics to try first so that I won't panic if I make a mistake.

I think I'm going to try and find a journal that is about the same size as my original cover and try it on that.

Thanks for the ideas.

Lynn M.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hi, sorry I haven't been on for awhile.  I have used Journals too, use Velcro strips.  Journals that are the exact size are hard to find.  Take my word for it, because I look for them wherever I go.  Make sure that they are wide enough for the Kindle.  There are many whose binding side is too small.  I have one purchased cover and two original Kindle covers and none of them go naked.  I don't like the feel of the covers, perfer the feeling of fabric, so I cover them all.  I LOVE the Oberon covers, but think it will add weight and the price is out of the question right now.  It weighs more than the original cover.  Fabric adds no weight.  Good Luck sewing.  Once you get started, you can't stop.  I keep perfecting my covers.  Maybe one day I will sell them?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A Nice Happy Ending for this thread.

I contacted Frank and he is will to make the cover for me.  ;D

I also had several offers for my Oberon cover and have sold it.  ;D

Plus I also received an offer for another original cover and will be getting that.  ;D

I can't wait for my Strangedog cover to arrive!

Thanks everyone, we can now close this thread.

Lynn M

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.