·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
67,284 Posts
That's good to know. . .caskets can be quite expensive.  :D

I think I'll just need an urn though. . . . .

·
Registered
80 Posts
And it is on sale..

I could hear it now.. Please hold my uncle until his coffin is delivered from Amazon..

I wonder if it qualifies for the free shipping???

This too funny

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
You can also pick out caskets at Costco.com if you are in the market to buy one.

Sailor

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I know some people buy them and use them for coffee tables till they need them...I plan to become one of the preserved corpses that med students study, so I really don't need one!

PS. The cast iron skillet in the "items customers also bought" is a little scary...is it a weapon to use in filling the casket, or for parts that don't make it to the casket?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Sugar said:
So I went and looked and lol you should see the "Customers who bought related items also bought" items lol ;D
I was so expecting some vampire lingerie or something, but no just shovels and rakes, lol.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I wonder if they have a model with a Kindle Pocket.  Can't got anywhere without my Kindle. ;D ;D
jp

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
So I was reading this thread, perhaps a little too fast, and I thought I read "used casket"!  Had to do a double take!  :D  Would those be discounted???  LOL

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
MAGreen said:
PS. The cast iron skillet in the "items customers also bought" is a little scary...is it a weapon to use in filling the casket, or for parts that don't make it to the casket?
The former, probably.... note that one of the items is a Spotlifter Carpet Cleaner, for the results... :p

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Customers who viewed this item also viewed...

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
My favorite part?  The Instant Rebate.  :D  I like that they have shovels and spades as related products customers also bought.  Could be handy to get all the accessories at the same time I guess.

Okay, nevermind... I think the flashlight listed under the related products is my new favorite part.

·
Registered
761 Posts
The first customer review is great "It is certainly a great value considering average cost of a shiny metal caskit is 4-6k when purchased at the funeral home. It is a bit snug in the chest area ,but I do weigh 270 lbs at this time. I hope to be down to 200 before I will be needing to use it full time. Definitely would buy again If I could."

·
Registered
294 Posts
jpmorgan49 said:
I wonder if they have a model with a Kindle Pocket. Can't got anywhere without my Kindle. ;D ;D
jp
LOL You got that right! I just hope that they leave my Kindle in my cold, dead hands!

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
suicidepact said:
The first customer review is great "It is certainly a great value considering average cost of a shiny metal caskit is 4-6k when purchased at the funeral home. It is a bit snug in the chest area ,but I do weigh 270 lbs at this time. I hope to be down to 200 before I will be needing to use it full time. Definitely would buy again If I could."
Was that a serious review? I guess you have to buy a casket somewhere,might as well pick the one you like if thats what you want.

·
Super Moderator
67,284 Posts
People do buy caskets at places other than the funeral homes.  Or build them.  They cost a lot at the funeral homes because, frankly, they can charge a lot and purchasers are not usually thinking straight.  The best thing is to plan your funeral now, pick out what you want, and pay for it now.  Reputable places will let you do this and it also makes it much easier for the folks who have to deal with things after. . . .

Also, here's an interesting and odd thing:  Caskets are shipped in plywood boxes to the funeral homes, and they are not allowed to reuse the plywood box.  They can't even send it back to the shipping company for re-use -- they're not allowed to be re-used in the industry at all.  How weird is that?  Our neighbors work at one of the local places and my husband gets free plywood that he can use for repair stuff at the church because the funeral home otherwise has to dispose of it.  It's not like there was ever a body in the casket and, anyway, it's the box the thing came in.  Silly, I think. . .but free stuff for the Church is good.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts