Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Just stumbled across this great board and was hoping someone could answer a question for me. I turned on my K1 today and the top half of my screen was no longer working (bummer). Called Amazon and in 5 minutes we had completed troubleshooting and decided it was really broke and would have to send a replacement. They are shipping via next day and I will have it on Wednesday. I was happy with the great customer service and am now wondering what generation Kindle I will receive.

Does anyone have any recent experience with a warranty replacement? I'm hoping I get a 2nd gen!

Thanks in advance!

Tom

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I think you will receive a refurbished K1. A K2 would be awesome but not too sure what the chances are.  ??? ???

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
More than likely a K1, but who knows, it could be a K2 - be sure and let us know what your experience is.  If it is a K2, be sure and check the fading issue in the sun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anju No. 469 said:
More than likely a K1, but who knows, it could be a K2 - be sure and let us know what your experience is. If it is a K2, be sure and check the fading issue in the sun.
That's what I was thinking also. Funny though...when I look at the order for the replacement on Amazon it says:

Items Ordered Price
1 of: Kindle [Electronics]
Condition: New
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
$399.00
- 1 item(s) Gift options: None

Anyway..I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
918 Posts
The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. My replacement was a Kindle 1, but it could be different for you. Good luck with your new kindle.  ;D

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
EBoon said:
That's what I was thinking also. Funny though...when I look at the order for the replacement on Amazon it says:

Items Ordered Price
1 of: Kindle [Electronics]
Condition: New
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
$399.00
- 1 item(s) Gift options: None

Anyway..I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Thanks!
The price on the K2 is $40 less than what you've got listed, but it's a lot harder to tell now that the "K2" is simply listed as a Kindle as well. I'm guessing it's a K1, but it will certainly be interesting to see!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just recieved my K1 warrenty replacement and it was, beleive it or not, what looked like a brand new K1 with all of the accessories of the original.  Sorry if this rains on your parade.  I too was very pleased (over the moon actually) about Amazon Customer service.  They were terrific!

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
EBoon said:
Hello everyone,

Just stumbled across this great board and was hoping someone could answer a question for me. I turned on my K1 today and the top half of my screen was no longer working (bummer). Called Amazon and in 5 minutes we had completed troubleshooting and decided it was really broke and would have to send a replacement. They are shipping via next day and I will have it on Wednesday. I was happy with the great customer service and am now wondering what generation Kindle I will receive.

Does anyone have any recent experience with a warranty replacement? I'm hoping I get a 2nd gen!

Thanks in advance!

Tom
It should be a K1 :) Glad CS was good to you :)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Welcome to KindleBoards, Tom! So glad Amazon CS was able to help you so quickly! I am curious as to which K you will receive, too! My guess is a K1. If it was me, that is what I would hope for... still not ready to give up my K1!  ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I got my replacement today as promised.  Brand new packaging - does not look like a refurb to me.  Oh yeah, it's a K1  ::)

Getting ready to send the old one back, think I'm going to keep the extra charger and leather cover and just send back the unit.

Thanks to everyone for the support!

Tom

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
marianner said:
Ummmm....you know they'll charge you if you don't send everything back, right?
Yeah make sure you send it all back. You don't want to get charged for the unite because you decided to keep the charger and that wonderful cover of theirs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts