Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night my wallet went through the full laundry cycle. :(

Here's a pic of the devastation - - along with an explanatory note from KindleWidow. Other than some warped credit cards, I think most of it can be salvaged.

I liked that wallet, though... it's pretty stretched out.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Did your money get washed, too? My nephew in England was amzed that Amerocan money can go through the washer. He left a large-denomination English note in a pocket and the only thing that saved him was that in the shredded remains he was able to find the both the number and the bit that said 50 pounds on the note...

Mind you, he never did THAT again... ::)

patrisha

·
Premium Member
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I keep my money folded up and separate from my wallet. So it avoided this! You're right, though, U.S. (and Canadian) money holds up pretty well in the laundry.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm glad that there wasn't too much damage done!  (I like the note, like you would think it was done on purpose.)   ;D

I washed hubby's swim trunks the other day and found shredded pieces of paper tossed like a salad with my laundry after pulling it out of the dryer.  I finally figured out it was a whole piece of paper with a google map (or mapquest, whatever he used that day) on it.  He had stayed in a hotel and wanted to rollerblade to the beach.  I guess his map worked well!  He'll have to print a new one if he wants to do it again.

Through high school and college, I worked at a dry cleaning store; I had to dig through the pockets of the shorts and pants that people dropped off for cleaning.  I won't dig through anyone's pockets anymore.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I am usually careful enough not to wash the wallet but my other half has a habit of leaving money in a shirt pocket or pants pocket.  Since I do the laundry, any money found is mine.

·
Registered
621 Posts
kevin63 said:
I am usually careful enough not to wash the wallet but my other half has a habit of leaving money in a shirt pocket or pants pocket. Since I do the laundry, any money found is mine.
Oh, yes! {laughing} I once found a $50 bill in the laundry and had my then 17 year-old son quite convinced that I would keep it! {But I gave in and returned it to him eventually which is something I didn't do with $5 and under! };)

patrisha

·
Premium Member
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The worst casualty was "Flat Harvey" - the little paper bald guy in the green shirt that my daughter made for me. I've carried him around in my wallet for about two years.

He lost a leg in the incident, about mid-femur. Sarah attached a little peg-leg to him this morning, though, so he'll be back in my wallet in no time.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I recently purchased a wallet for my other half from Vaja. (Select 'small leather goods' and then 'wallets.') It was pricy ($100) but that included S&H, and it was custom made. It takes about 4-6 weeks to get it, though. IMO it was worth both the money and time. Good craftmanship.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Harvey said:
The worst casualty was "Flat Harvey" - the little paper bald guy in the green shirt that my daughter made for me. I've carried him around in my wallet for about two years.

He lost a leg in the incident, about mid-femur. Sarah attached a little peg-leg to him this morning, though, so he'll be back in my wallet in no time.
His Flat Harvey any kin to Flat Stanley? My husband fell off the boat a few weeks ago and salt water doesn't go well with wallets, clickers for you car or cell phones. He also has one shoe and a pair of glasses floating somewhere. It was a $600 day.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Harvey said:

We want to see Flat Harvey with the peg leg! Too funny!

Betsy

·
Premium Member
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, the jeans weren't really in the laundry, but they got picked up and put in there. Oh well, no harm done. And I've given my wife enough ribbing about it today!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Actually the credit cards may have survived - I have one that was run through the washer and dryer - and came out curved - that still can be slide through most card readers. I was surprised, credit cards didn't use to be that robust.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Harvey said:
It's a makeshift leg, but he's still smiling.

Love it, Harvey! Thanks for sharing "Flat Peg-Leg Harvey" with us!

Betsy

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I wouldn't be a happy camper if my wallet got washed, I got about $750 in it.  I might have to find somewhere else to stash my stash.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts