Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Water Field cover for my Kindle and it is the best ever.  It seems like everyone uses those M Edge ones.  Anyone else with Water Field?

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Could you post a picture or share a link? I saw Waterfield stuff but it looked more like a case or pouch than a cover?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the Waterfield travel case with the strap and I love it. I use it when I travel and I keep all of the Kindle accessories in it so nothing gets lost... like the light, cords, etc. Plus, they have wonderful customer service!
Amy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, it gives full body coverage (with a re-enforcement on one side for the screen).  I feel confident when my Kindle is in it that if could take any kind of abuse and come out unharmed.

I have no stake in Waterfield, just was a bit surprised that it seemed that many people didn't know about it.  Their customer service is really good. 

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Comandante,

Could you maybe post a picture of yours or a link to it? I did not see covers on their site, only cases?

Thanks!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have the large sleeve case, and I love mine, too! My Kindle fits nice and snug in there, in its M-edge or Strangedog case. So I feel like it's double-protected.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have the travel case, too.  It is lightweight but sturdy and well-made, and the strap makes it a lifesaver for travel, when I'm already carrying so many things.  This just slips on the shoulder and stays secure but out of the way while I'm busy organizing/carrying my carryons, kids, etc.

This is a carrying/storage cover, not a reading cover.  You have to take it out of the shoulder bag to read.  The Kindle, with its original leather cover, fits inside the WaterField travel cover.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
There have been more than one type of the Waterfield cases discussed. Here are pics:

Travel Case Pics (has shoulder strap and room for chargers, etc). Strictly for carrying the Kindle.

Sleeve Pics (Kindle slides in and it has a pocket for stuff. Protection when transporting. Must be removed for reading.)

Slip Case (Kindle slides in; very slender, no pocket. Protection when transporting. Must be removed for reading.

Full details can be found here http://www.sfbags.com/products/kindle/kindlecase.htm

Note that I found the website a bit odd--they only have one page for four products: the travel case, two sizes of sleeves and a slip case. You can click through the pictures shown; but you have to really click on them to see which product it is!

Hope this helps!

Betsy

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
They have two versions of this case particular case, I have the one that holds the kindle WITH the cover on.  I absolutely love it.  I just throw it in my purse and have no doubt that it's protected.  I didn't go for the M-Edge, I'm perfectly happy with the cover it came with!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I received my Kindle 2 weeks ago and knowing that I would be taking it with me everywhere, I wanted more protection for it.  I discovered the Water Field website and ordered the Large Sleeve Case since I read my Kindle with the cover on.  It arrived in 3 days and I am very impressed with the quality of the product.  I like the way it totally protects the Kindle from dust and any small objects such as pens while being transported in a large pocketbook, etc. 

:)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
20HappyKindleReader08 said:
I received my Kindle 2 weeks ago and knowing that I would be taking it with me everywhere, I wanted more protection for it. I discovered the Water Field website and ordered the Large Sleeve Case since I read my Kindle with the cover on. It arrived in 3 days and I am very impressed with the quality of the product. I like the way it totally protects the Kindle from dust and any small objects such as pens while being transported in a large pocketbook, etc.

I may have to look at this one more closely as I tend to carry all sorts of things in my purse and would hate for Kindle with no name to get dirty or scatched up.. and BTW welcome to the boards 20HappyKindleReader08!

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
20HappyKindleReader08 said:
I received my Kindle 2 weeks ago and knowing that I would be taking it with me everywhere, I wanted more protection for it. I discovered the Water Field website and ordered the Large Sleeve Case since I read my Kindle with the cover on. It arrived in 3 days and I am very impressed with the quality of the product. I like the way it totally protects the Kindle from dust and any small objects such as pens while being transported in a large pocketbook, etc.

Thanks for the review, HappyKindleReader! And congratulations on your first post!

Betsy

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
I think I am going to be getting a Waterfield case or two.  Looks like my kinda thing.  Don't quite understand the difference between the two sizes of sleeve cases?  And do all the cases come in all colors?  Doesn't look like it on the site, but I hope so.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
The large case will hold your Kindle and most covers, including the one it comes with. The smaller case will only hold the kindle and maybe a sleeve, which is a close fitting cover that can be used on it's own or with a smaller case.

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
Thanks.  Pretty sure I will get a slip case and a small sleeve.  And for dress-up, an Oberon leather case when they become available.

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
I just ordered -- green slip case and small sleeve case.  Want to keep Sundog secure without protection making him too big and bulky in my purse.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Sandpiper said:
I just ordered -- green slip case and small sleeve case. Want to keep Sundog secure without protection making him too big and bulky in my purse.
I am all for not too bulky... I have a hard enough time keeping the weight of my purse down to a reasonable level!!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Does anybody have the large sleeve case AND a m-edge?  I was thinking about ordering the new funky green marbled m-edge (I've been fine with the original color, but I LOVE that one!) and wasn't sure if it would still fit in my large sleeve case.  That might change my mind if it didn't - as of now it's very secure in there with the original cover.  Anyone?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts