Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all :)

I am glad to have found this message board!

Okay, so I have been dying to get a Kindle since they were released, but couldn't justify the price tag becaue I was a full time grad student, mom, and full time Pediatric Nurse with NO time to read.  Well, on January 27th I finally got to order one in honor of my birthday and graduating school!  They are giving me a ship date of March 4-11th, so it's not that bad of a wait, compared to how long some of you have been waiting.

Thanks to lurking about the site yesterday I already discovered Kindle skins and Oberon covers, so you have already found a place on my favorite websites!

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Welcome to Kindleboards, and congratulations on your pending Kindle!

Be sure to check out the Book Corner, we have lots of free and bargain book recommendations as well as favorites, and you can buy books before you get your Kindle, they'll be there when you first turn Whispernet on!

Betsy

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!  I also think the book clubs look like a lot of fun, and hope to get my Kindle before April!   :D

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Hi Kind!  Jump in anytime!  And be sure to check out CHAT now and again....we hang out in there most evenings.  Used to hang in Lobby but now we have The Lounge room to hang in!  :}

·
Registered
335 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
WOW - Happy Birthday - Happy Graduation - and Happy Waiting  :D

We are so glad you are here and have time for us and for your reading when you get your kindle.

Welcome

·
Registered
869 Posts
Anju said:
WOW - Happy Birthday - Happy Graduation - and Happy Waiting :D

We are so glad you are here and have time for us and for your reading when you get your kindle.

Welcome
She said it best!

Hopefully by the time the Kindle comes you will be able to have some time to read it ???

Hi, and welcome aboard.

Marci

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wave back from icy southern PA!

Not sure I'm in the right place to begin talking--sorry, and please let me know where I should go if I'm wrong to talk here.

I'm an "old" ebook fan, and had my first novel, "Mozart's Wife" published in "e" formats in 2001. It won the First Independent E-Book award that year, for best e-published fiction. The old girl is still in print and in e formats -- of course, it's now in Kindle.

I'm curious about Kindle, and want to find out what everyone thinks, and how it is working for them, as I'm getting ready for a new e-reader. My ancient Rocket is at last defunct, and I really miss the convenience.

Thanks for your help--and Betsy's quilt image is amazing!  :)

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome Juliet and you are in the right place, Intro/Welcome. Congrats on your first post.

I am going to refer you to Let's Talk Kindle thread. You will find all the information you need about the Kindle. If you have any further questions after researching that thread feel free to ask. This question has been asked previously and there are some great answers. :)

I read Mozart's Wife 2 weeks ago and loved it!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome Juliet,
I downloaded Mozart's Wife based on some recommendations I received on this board a couple of weeks ago.  I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but I love historical novels.  I'm currently reading Whiskey Rebels, which is a great historical novel. 
Glad you found us. 
deb

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hi Kindgirl!  Central Ohio here. I've had my Kindle since last March and love, love, love it!  It's great not to have to go out in the snow/sleet/freezing rain to find something new to read.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
julietw said:
Wave back from icy southern PA!

Not sure I'm in the right place to begin talking--sorry, and please let me know where I should go if I'm wrong to talk here.

I'm an "old" ebook fan, and had my first novel, "Mozart's Wife" published in "e" formats in 2001. It won the First Independent E-Book award that year, for best e-published fiction. The old girl is still in print and in e formats -- of course, it's now in Kindle.

I'm curious about Kindle, and want to find out what everyone thinks, and how it is working for them, as I'm getting ready for a new e-reader. My ancient Rocket is at last defunct, and I really miss the convenience.

Thanks for your help--and Betsy's quilt image is amazing! :)
Hi Juliet,

Welcome...glad to have you here. I love my Kindle and enjoyed reading Mozart's Wife on it very much. :D

L

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks, Linda: (Hope I'm actually replying to you--I'm seriously  lost in the labyrinth over here, I'm must confess.)

Glad you liked my book. I put years into it, and it just broke my heart that it never made it to the "NY Big Time." It has had a series of small publishers, however, so hasn't gone out of print. Actually, it was an e-book as early as 2001--(hope I'm not repeating myself) when it won the 1st Independent E-Book award, which they gave at the VA festival of the Book. (Proud of that...)

I think if a book is perceived as cross-genre, it has a very hard time getting picked up, but I wanted to tell the story I had discovered through all those years of research, even if it wasn't conventionally happy. Like many marriages, Wolfgang and Constanze began in a romantic whirl, but it didn't last. Neither of them really were entirely to blame, I think.

Anyhow thanks for your kind words--and I'll try to keep wandering around this board until I figure it out. Need to save up and get my own Kindle soon--I really miss having an e-book reader.
best wishes -- and thanks for the board!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts