Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.......I had an awful day and could use some prayers/pixie dust/ good thoughts etc............my alternator on my '99 Mustang is most likely going out [$350] and then at the gas station tonight I realized I have a huge gouge taken out of my front tire [not flat but not drive-able on freeway] and upon further inspection my DH declared I need 4 new tires [$500].

DH and I are not anywhere close to having these kind of funds readily available........as my work hours are getting cut soon and we're already budgeting for that.......prayers needed if you can spare some :-[

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
that totally sucks. I had to buy all new tires just before Christmas a couple of years ago. Talk about a poor Christmas gift :(.  anyhoo, check costco's prices, also some places have used tires that are decent and may help you to maybe save up for more later.

also check with a tire shop, you may only need to replace the back ones and move them up to the front, or vise virsa.

Theresam

·
Registered
157 Posts
Prayers coming your way!
I know the feeling well. My hours at work got cut too by 40. I was laid off 1 1/2 weeks ago. So I know all about what you are going through right now. Hang in there! The only way to go is up!

ferret

·
Registered
509 Posts
Good thoughts going out to you!  Your story sounds like my experience last week: went for an oil change, discovered I needed four new tires and one of the wheel bearings needed replacing.  Thought I was spending $19.95 and now I have a bill for almost $1,000.  Yowch.

Hang in there and remember you've got friends out here!  :)

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I'm in with the prayers.....I needed new tires recently and wound up going to Sams.  Not bad pricing and they had a thing going on where if you used their credit line, you could get 0% interest for 12 months.  So as long as you pay it off within the 12 months, you are good to go with 0% interest.  We have almost got them paid off now!

You will figure it out....{{{{{{{{Pom}}}}}}}}

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Good luck and best wishes coming your way!

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OP here! thank you all for your thoughts/prayers! The repairs came to about $900 when all was said and done......my CC company really likes me right now......Oh well it shall be paid off in a few months! Thanks for again! I appreciate it!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts