Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but I love KindleBoards and it has been so helpful to me that I should have spoken up long ago.

I am a second-generation Southern Californian (practically unheard of) and live in San Diego with my wonderful husband who does all the cooking, and two cats, one 16 years old and one 10 months old. I'm a graphic designer, and all my spare time is devoted to reading, and pretty much always has been. (Until I found KindleBoards!) I read just about anything and everything, but probably more mystery/thrillers than any other category.

My Kindle (not named yet) is my new best friend, and if it has a downside, I haven't found it so far. I got it for my 58th birthday in August - before I even ordered it, my constant raving at work caused a friend to get a Kindle for her birthday in July, which was a little tormenting for me, but I was happy for her. So I have to admit, I didn't wait it out all the way to my actual birthday, but ordered early. Fortunately, this was before the giant backlog, and I got it right away. It was true love.

Last night I met a couple from Belgium who are visiting my next-door neighbors, and when I heard they were big readers, of course I showed them my Kindle. If they could have ordered Kindles on the spot, they would have, but I had to tell them that they needed to wait until Amazon makes Kindle available in Europe. I hope for their sakes that the day comes soon!

Thank you all at KindleBoards for being so kind, welcoming, and helpful. This is a very lovely place to be, and I recommend it as a resource any time anyone expresses an interest in my Kindle.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Thanks for the intro Pencepon. Glad to have you here... even if you are more of a lurker than a poster!! I probably would get more reading done if I posted less!!  :D

·
Registered
869 Posts
Welcome Aboard, Penceon -

What a lovely introduction.  I especially like the part about the visitors to your neighbor's wanting to get the Kindle.

I hope you will lurk a bit less often and join in here when you feel you want to  :)

Thanks for posting,

Marci

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Pencepon, nice to meet you!

I was visiting a friend in Belgium back in September. When she saw my Kindle, she instantly wanted one. I certainly hope they come out with the international version soon. Rumor has it they are working on it.

Glad you came out of "mostly lurk mode."

L

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Pencepon,

welcome to Kindleboards!  Be sure to check out the Book Corner, we have book klubs starting Monday!  And accessories, I'm sure your Kindle needs a gift or two for Christmas!

I'll be in San Diego in February for five weeks!  Love San Diego....

Betsy

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Welcome to the greatest place on earth - after San Diego - my brother has been there for 40 years and thinks it is paradise, I disagree, my little place in Mexico is.  Glad you have decided to post and look forward to more from you.  If you listen to Betsy though you'll spend all your time in the Book Corner and reading reading reading.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Welcome to Kindleboards!  I started out as a lurker also and now I find the need to post a reply now and then.  Enjoy all the great people here.....you will become another Kindleboard addict!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts