Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to everyone who entered the contest for a free download of my sexy thriller, HIGH RISK. To select the winner, I used the very scientific method of thinking of a number, then picking the person who corresponded to it in my e-mail inbox. Julie Kirkham was the winner and I hope she enjoys the book.

If you missed the deadline or didn't win this time around, don't worry: I have other contests planned. In the meantime, I hope you'll check out my other work (both eBooks and print books) on my website.

In closing, I'd like to wish everyone a very happy and prosperous new year, filled with good books!

"5 Stars!...Wow--what an amazing book! I picked up High Risk with the intention of reading a chapter or two but was completely swept away . I didn't stop reading until I reached the end--and with its brisk language and driving pace, that meant just a few hours later. The premise should grab the attention of any married man or woman who has contemplated--even for a moment--the idea of infidelity. The author spins the idea into an extremely frightening Fatal Attraction type of scenario in which the man the adulterous wife decides to bring home is a complete sociopath who sets out to destroy her life. It's an absolutely horrifying--and perfectly written--book. Rick Reed is one of the best thriller writers working today."--Chris Beakey, author of Double Abduction

Rick

·
Registered
144 Posts
Oh, my !!!!

Holy Cow !!!!!!

I am indeed honored to have been selected.   This is a rare event for me and I could not be more tickled!

High Risk looks to be a most interesting experience.   One that I am looking forward to jumping into... as gently as possible.

Do not hate me, because I was the lucky one... this time.  

Instead, please do the "happy dance" with me and enjoy this special good fortune.

Thank you, Rick!   Your timing could not have been better.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Woohoo, congratulations, Julie aka mumsicalwhimsey!

Be sure to let us know all about it!

Thanks, Rick for the contest!  Great idea!

Betsy

·
Registered
59 Posts
Julie congradulations on your win!!!!!!! even though I didn't win I think I'm going to have to purchase this book.  Looks to good to pass up

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Congratulations, Whimsey! Enjoy the book and report back.

Rick, thanks for having this contest and helping to promote Kindleboards. All of us on the Admin team appreciate your support.

L

·
Registered
144 Posts
High Risk has me captivated.  The locations are known to me and Beth is someone amazingly familiar in those locations.  That is not to say this book is predictable.... oh, no.    I remain surprised and a bit gratified by the turn of events.  I marvel at how the characters can be familiar and so foreign at the same time.    I am not putting it down.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks again to all of you who entered, bought, or commented. I thought I'd share with you the book trailer for HIGH RISK. I think it's kind of a cool concept (having trailers for books)...what do you think? Does this make you want to read the book?

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Thanks for the trailer Rick. It does make the book look enticing but I had already bought based on the reviews. I was in the mood for a page turner last night.

Just so everyone knows -- the trailer has a brief bit of female nudity at the beginning.

L

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Rick--

Thanks for sharing the trailer with us!  I love the idea of trailers for books!  I have to wait before buying any more books, but it does look good!

Betsy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts