Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 14 1/2 year old Doberman/German Shepard mix, Chewy, passed away last night. He has had arthritis for a while now, which we were treating with doggie medication. It moved into his spine, making it so he couldn't feel his legs. He couldn't stand or walk on his own anymore. After consulting with the vet, who explained that any aggressive treatments would, at best, push off the inevitable for only a week or two, we made the painful decision to let him go. I was finally able to get my thoughts together and give a proper tribute to my "Head of Security" and "Marketing Director." He was a multi-talented dog, you know.

http://bardsandsages.com/**********/2017/02/01/for-chewy/

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Thank you for sharing Chewy with us here at KB, what wonderful memories you get to keep forever.  Hopefully it isn't too inappropriate to offer a Sith Witch some {{{{hugs}}}}

·
Registered
684 Posts
Oh how painful it is to lose a beloved pet.  I am feeling your pain.  It does help to remember all of the wonderful memories shared with him.

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
So sorry, Julie.

·
Registered
656 Posts
There's hugs if you want them, right next to the cookies, tea and sympathy. If you want to maintain proper sithly composure, we understand. If you sneak 'em on the sly, we saw nothing.

I'm sorry. He's in no pain, now, but that leaves an awfully big, furry hole in your own heart.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dgrant said:
There's hugs if you want them, right next to the cookies, tea and sympathy. If you want to maintain proper sithly composure, we understand. If you sneak 'em on the sly, we saw nothing.
True Sith embrace their emotions and draw strength from them. And I won't turn away cookies.

Thank you all for your thoughts. At random times I still get thoughts like "I have to walk Chewy" or "I hope Mike put the lid on the trash so Chewy doesn't get into it." Last night I was getting dinner together and I swear I felt him bump against my leg (he always hung out in the kitchen when food was being prepared.)

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
So sorry for your loss Julie. That is a beautiful tribute to Chewy. It sounds like Chewy was a dog that one couldn't help but loving.

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
Hugs from me and my furbabies to you.
Your Chewy sounded like quite a character.  He was lucky to have a great family.  I know what you mean about thinking he is still there.  I did that for weeks with my Figaro.  I still swear that every once in a while the Stripey-cat channels my Figaro so he can come say hi.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts