·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanna be my friend?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Definitely!  I've mainly used Goodreads to track my books and read reviews but would enjoy sharing with some "friends" as well.  Just click on the goodreads link in my sgnature and "add" me. 

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent!  Thanks!

I'm hoping more of the forum members here check out GoodReads, it's a great site!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I will be too!  I'm also Robin Goodfellow on Goodreads.  I like the site a lot.  Especially the quote section.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
robin.goodfellow said:
I will be too! I'm also Robin Goodfellow on Goodreads. I like the site a lot. Especially the quote section.
Cool! I just sent you a friend request.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I'm at GoodReads somewhere, as Fred Handel. I haven't spent much time there--found it confusing. It makes me grateful to have KBoards! Any friend here would be a friend there...but this is where I belong!

Al

·
Registered
829 Posts
I hadn't heard of it and checked it out.  Looks better than Shelfari!  I just signed up as Kirstin.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kirstin said:
I hadn't heard of it and checked it out. Looks better than Shelfari! I just signed up as Kirstin.
Did you sign up as "Kirstin" or as "Kirsten Nelson"?

·
Registered
829 Posts
nelamvr6 said:
Did you sign up as "Kirstin" or as "Kirsten Nelson"?
Kirstin, but my last name is Nelson - however if the Kirstin had an e in it, it's not me..... I'm busily adding books right now. :)

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Oy. GoodReads, Shelfari, LibraryThing...so many bookish sites! I'm a friendly person, but you guys will have to help me if I'm going to survive at any of them.

I say again: KindleBoards is where I feel at home!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Kirstin said:
Kirstin, but my last name is Nelson - however if the Kirstin had an e in it, it's not me..... I'm busily adding books right now. :)
I just sent you a friend request, at least I hope it's you!

·
Registered
829 Posts
ConnieK said:
Hi Kristin - I tried to "befriend" you also, but ended up with finding dozens of Kristin listings. Can you post a link or find me via the link on my signature below?
just added you. my avatar is the same there as here on KB if that helps....

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
BrassMan said:
Oy. GoodReads, Shelfari, LibraryThing...so many bookish sites! I'm a friendly person, but you guys will have to help me if I'm going to survive at any of them.

I say again: KindleBoards is where I feel at home!
lol, it's okay Brassman. We're glad you found kindleboards too. But all those places are good places to keep up with your books, post reviews, comments, what have you. But it's okay if you just want to stay here. We'll talk about books with you here too.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
robin.goodfellow said:
lol, it's okay Brassman. We're glad you found kindleboards too. But all those places are good places to keep up with your books, post reviews, comments, what have you. But it's okay if you just want to stay here. We'll talk about books with you here too.
Whew! Thank heavens! Each of those book sites is a fairly complicated culture, and they take some exploring and TIME, of which there's never enough. I joined GoodReads so long ago that I nearly forgot about it. I was so naive in those days that I used Fred Handel as my handle (get it? George Frederick Handel?). The place never captivated me like this place has. KBoards is a complicated site too, but it does work and it's intuitive to a large measure--great work, Harvey!

I've dabbled a little at Library Thing because there's a cadre of linguists there, and I know linguists. I IS one!

1 - 20 of 99 Posts