Kindle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Welcome Heidi,

You will find we are an eclectic and friendly bunch here.  While you wait you can pick up all sorts of tips and accessory ideas for your Kindle not to mention content to buy, download and find free.  The wait until March is long one, but worth it to get a Kindle.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Welcome Heidi!

I'm in northern VA!  Don't know about everyone else up here, but I read!  Keep us posted, I think you'll get your Kindle before March!

Betsy

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for the warm welcome!

I posted on the "waiting for my kindle thread" but I'll update here too.  I was able to snag a refurb tonight so I cancelled my original order.  I just couldn't wait until March to get my hands on this lovely beauty.  I wonder what to name him or her.  I haven't decided if it's a boy or girl yet. 

A little about myself:
I'm married (9 years in January 09) to my best friend, Chris.  We have a 4 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi named Brady but poor Brady was diagnosed this month with lymphoma cancer.  :(  We are excited that he is still with us to celebrate the Christmas season.  He is the best little dog.  We don't have any children so he is our baby.

I am very fortunate that, as I was growing up, my mom nurtured my love of reading.  I get that directly from her.  She always made sure we had plenty of new reading material and I remember having a library card from a very, very early age.  As with her, my love of reading has manifested itself greatly in my adult life. 

My grandmother joked one time that you could always pick out my mom in a crowd even if you didn't know her because she would have a book in one hand and a Diet Coke in the other.  I am the exact same way except without the Diet part.  ;D

I can't wait to get my hands on my new Kindle.  I first learned of the Kindle some time back when I saw it on Martha Stewart's show. 

I look forward to "hanging" with you all and getting to know you better.  I love a good bunch of readers!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Heidi said:
And I forgot to add...

I live in Wythe County, Virginia in a great little town called Rural Retreat!
Heidi,

It's great that you were able to purchase a refurb; they come & go so fast! I

I hope you checked the Sprint coverage for your area since it sounds like you are not in a major metropolitan city ;)

I'm saddened to hear about Brady :-[ Hope this is a happy & healthy Christmas for him.

Keep us updated,

Marci

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Marci...

I checked the Sprint coverage and it says it is available here.  But I'm okay with it if it isn't.  I'm cool with connecting my Kindle to the computer and getting my books that way.

KatieKat...

Stop by the next time on your way through.  ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts