Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN IT IS WEDNESDAY, WHICH MEANS IT'S TIME FOR OUR WEEKLY DOSE OF RECIPES, WHINING, AND GENERAL INANITY.

LET THE FESTIVITIES COMMENCE.

THAT IS ALL.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
I HAVE TODAY OFF! (HR DECIDED THAT I HAVE TOO MANY VACATION DAYS BANKED AND WANT THEM GONE BEFORE END OF FISCAL.)

BIG POT OF COFFEE, COMFY CLOTHES, NO CHORES TO BE DONE
GOING TO WRITE WRITE EDIT WRITE WRITE WORK ON SHELFARI WRITE WRITE

(IF I CAN QUIT READING THIS FORUM...)

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
SO VAENTINE'S DAY IS TOMORROW, AND THE WIFE AND I AGREED NOT TO GET EACH OTHER GIFTS BECAUSE WE'RE SAVING UP TO RENOVATE OUR BATHROOM. BUT, SHE ALWAYS GETS ME A LITTLE SOMETHING, USUALLY A SINGING DOG TEDDY BEAR THING. I'M NOT SURE WHAT MY MOVE HERE SHOULD BE. WE WERE DEFINITIVE, NO PRESENTS. IF I DON'T GET HER ANYTHING, THEN I WILL HAVE ABIDED BY OUR AGREEMENT, BUT...NO. NO. BETTER TO SEND SOME FLOWERS TO HER OFFICE.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
YOU'RE A SMART MAN V-RAB.

WHICH REMINDS ME, MY VALENTINE INVOLVES LARGE QUANTITIES OF BACON.

OFF TO THE MEAT MARKET!

(AND GLAD *I* AM NO LONGER ON THE MEAT MARKET...)

·
Registered
245 Posts
HAVE A GREAT DAY OFF, QUISS!

VRABINEC, I HAVE YOUR SAME PROBLEM!   ;D

MY NON-VALENTINE'S-DAY-RELATED WHINE:

THREE WEEKS AGO WE BOUGHT A MASSAGE CHAIR. THE WEBSITE SAID 24H HOME DELIVERY. IT'S BEEN THREE WEEKS AND THEY STILL CAN'T GET THE [email protected] THING RIGHT. FIRST THEY SENT THE WRONG ONE, THEN THEY SENT THE RIGHT ONE BUT IT'S BROKEN. USELESS! NOW WE'RE SICK OF THEM AND WANT TO CALL EVERYTHING OFF AND GET OUR MONEY BACK, AND THEY REFUSE. TODAY WE WROTE UP A COMPLAINT FOR THE CATALAN CONSUMER BOARD. THEY'LL HELP US OUT.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO WHINE ABOUT, WHICH IS MAKING ME FEEL SELF-CONSCIOUS AND, THEREFORE, PERHAPS, IS SOMETHING WORTH WHINING ABOUT.

·
Registered
398 Posts
QUISS, GOOD LUCK WRITING AND HAPPY DAY OFF.

I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO WHINE ABOUT BUT I DID JUST SEND A NOVELLA OFF TO BETA READERS SO I'M TRYING HARD TO HAVE A PANIC ATTACK. I DON'T KNOW WHY I LOVE SOMETHING TO PIECES UP UNTIL I PUT IT IN FRONT OF OTHERS AND THEN I SEE A BILLION PROBLEMS WITH IT (BEFORE THEY EVEN GET BACK TO ME).

AT LEAST IT'S THE MIDDLE OF THE WEEK. SO CLOSE TO FRIDAY.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
QUISS MADE ME WANT TO GO MAKE ANOTHER POT OF COFFEE!! MAYBE THEN I WILL THINK OF SOMETHING TO WRITE. OR AT LEAST WILL LOOK SEMI-PRODUCTIVE. YOU ALWAYS LOOK LIKE A WRITER WHILE DRINKING AND STARING OFF INTO SPACEEEEE.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
vrabinec said:
SO VAENTINE'S DAY IS TOMORROW, AND THE WIFE AND I AGREED NOT TO GET EACH OTHER GIFTS BECAUSE WE'RE SAVING UP TO RENOVATE OUR BATHROOM. BUT, SHE ALWAYS GETS ME A LITTLE SOMETHING, USUALLY A SINGING DOG TEDDY BEAR THING. I'M NOT SURE WHAT MY MOVE HERE SHOULD BE. WE WERE DEFINITIVE, NO PRESENTS. IF I DON'T GET HER ANYTHING, THEN I WILL HAVE ABIDED BY OUR AGREEMENT, BUT...NO. NO. BETTER TO SEND SOME FLOWERS TO HER OFFICE.
ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS BUY HER SOMETHING ON VALENTINE'S DAY. "DON'T BUY ME ANYTHING" JUST MEANS "DON'T BUY ME ANYTHING BIG." YOU ARE A WISE MAN!

·
Registered
594 Posts
CRAP! VALENTINE'S DAY, I FORGOT! WHAT DO MEN LIKE TO GET ON VALENTINE'S DAY? OTHER THAN THE OBVIOUS...

ALSO, IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO TYPE ALL CAPS WITH DRAGON NATURALLY SPEAKING. THIS POST HAS TAKEN ME A LONG TIME TO WRITE!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
LONG AGO I GAVE UP ON VALENTINES DAY. USUALLY I BUY MYSELF SOMETHING WHEN I'M SHOPPING FOR THE HUBSTER. IT'S ACTUALLY A WIN WIN. I GET WHATEVERTHEHELL I WANT, AND HE DOESN'T GET IN TROUBLE FOR FORGETTING. BTW, HUBSTER ALWAYS GETS CANDY. I USUALLY GET SHOES OR A NEW HANDBAG.

·
Registered
561 Posts
MY DAY IS STILL GOING FAR TOO WELL TO HAVE ANYTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT. I'M VERY DISAPPOINTED.

AS FOR VALENTINE'S DAY, CHOCOLATE IS ALWAYS GOOD, ALTHOUGH I GAVE IT UP FOR LENT -- AND I'M NOT EVEN CATHOLIC... NOW I'M EVEN MORE DEPRESSED.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Quiss said:
UNTIL I SAW DEANNA USE "THE HUBSTER" I THOUGHT VRABINEC WAS THE LAST TRUE ROMANTIC WITH HIS USE OF "THE WIFE"
YOU'D RATHER I REFER TO HER HERE AS "SNUGGLE BUNNY" OR "SNOOKIE WOOKIE UKUMS" LIKE I DO AT HOME?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts