Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am posting for some help for my mom, she is on weight watchers and we like to eat out alot. She usually brings her '2009 Dining Out Companion' book everywhere with her. For mothers day I bought her a kindle and today she asked me if there was anyway she could somehow get the Weight Watchers dining out book unto her k2.

I searched amazon kindle store and you cant buy it straight from amazon.  I also looked for her on the official weight watchers website for a pdf. version or an ebook version of the dining out book but I couldn't seem to find much there either.

So I was hoping someone on here was familiar with the weight watchers program and maybe someone would have an idea of how I could somehow get her Weight Watchers 2009 Dining out companion book somehow on her new k2 so that she doesn't have to always carry both the k2 and the WW book with her!

Thanks so much for all your help!

edit: Also even if it isn't the 2009 edition of the Dining Out book we would be happy with any kindle/ebook version for weight watchers. Thanks again

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK update!

I found a semi-fix for a temporary solution. First I clicked on the amazon link that says I'd like to read this book on kindle and I will keep klicking every so often until my mom can buy the dining out guide on amazon.

2nd (for anyone that might be interested) I went to Dotties Weight Watchers weight Loss website,-- http://www.dwlz.com/restaurants.html --

on her website she has went to almost any restaurant (fast food or dine in) that you could think of and she has measured the points for most items on the menu. So I downloaded/saved all of her restaurants and saved them in a zip file. One file was all restaurant A-L the 2nd file was M-Z
Then I emailed the zip files to --mymomskindle'[email protected]

They all came through a few minutes later except there was a few aggravating details. At that point I had 600+ restaurants in her homescreen. With folders this wouldn't be a hassle/problem/aggravation at all, Before now I didn't realize how bad I actually wished amazon did some sort of folder/filing system.

So to help a little bit I plugged her k2 into my comp and manually went through and deleted most of the restaurants from the list leaving only about 60+ that she could only MAYBE dine at.

I just updated to let people know what I ended up doing. Obviously if there is an easier solution out there we would definitely be willing to go with that, also for anyone else on weight watchers that dines out fairly often I wanted to update to show them what I did. It probably wasn't the easiest/best solution but it works for now. ALTHOUGH folders would be VERY handy in this situation!

·
Registered
277 Posts
could you copy and paste into a txt file and then have them in just one doc for your mom? She could search inside the doc for the right restaurant.

·
Registered
190 Posts
That's what I did. I got the info from DWLZ and made a .txt ebook using mobireader.  I just have to search for the restaurant name on my Kindle and it comes up. I have to do it that way because I couldnt' get a Table of Contents to work.  But it's pretty handy!  The problem is, I rarely leave the house with my Kindle so I don't really use it that much but I still think it's neat to have on there.  :) 

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
raccemup said:
That's what I did. I got the info from DWLZ and made a .txt ebook using mobireader. I just have to search for the restaurant name on my Kindle and it comes up. I have to do it that way because I couldnt' get a Table of Contents to work. But it's pretty handy! The problem is, I rarely leave the house with my Kindle so I don't really use it that much but I still think it's neat to have on there. :)
Hi I pm'd you for some help if you are willing! I will appreciate it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts