·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
M-Edge GO!: 8.04 oz.

TrendyDigital MaxGuard: 5.14 oz

also, just because i have them here

Oberon Design: 8.68 oz.
(I can't imagine design makes a huge weight difference, but it's Roof of Heaven)

Amazon: 6.56 oz.

for reference:

Kindle: 10.30 oz.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Not sure that design makes a difference, but I'm betting there's more variation in the Oberons than many of the others. Each hide is so different, and while I'm sure they go for as consistent a thickness as possible, there's got to be some that are heavier than others.

Mine is 9.4 ounces, Dragonfly Pond with corners--and that's pretty much the same weight we've seen on the others that have been posted.

http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,6053.0.html

·
Registered
57 Posts
Where did you get that weight for the Go! cover? Do have one that you weighed yourself? On both M-edge and Amazon website it says the M-edge Go! weighs 7.2oz. I'm expecting one in the mail any day & will weigh it & post.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, i own all of these covers, and they were weighed on the same scale, which is known accurate.

i have a noreve on order but i don't expect it to get here for another few weeks, as i chose a leather other than their default.

also, regarding the oberon, it's a corners version, and that is the weight without the stiff inserts that come with the cover by default.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
What does the MaxGuard look like?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Great! Thanks for letting us know the actual weights of these covers. I'm always interested to know when actual dimensions/weight of product are different from what is advertised.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts